Forum Discussion

meeshwood
Rising Hotshot
10 months ago

World Journeys EP

World Adventures was arguably the best sims EP ever. I would like to see something similar for the sims 4, here are my ideas for such a pack, please leave your own ideas in the comments below.

Ideas for the destination worlds and skills that could be gained in each world.

Patagonia/Chile/mash up with Peru
Patagonia is beautiful and the sims team excels in making beautiful worlds. Dig site opportunities to find dinosaur bones, hiking trails, maybe a multi-day hiking adventure. Uncover a sims version of Machu Picchu. Skill idea-basket weaving. Learn new recipes.

Italy- an area with a sims version of Rome, plenty of opportunities for excavation, tunnels under the coliseum would be interesting. Outer areas with a Florence/Tuscany feel. Addition of truffles. Skill opportunities- pottery, cheese making, mask making (masquerades?)

Egypt- highly requested. Skill opportunities- jewelry making. Would be neat to be able to take care of camels.

France- also featured in S3 World Adventures. I would like to see something more Paris centered. Merry-go-rounds. Explore the catacombs. Skill opportunities- perfume making, chocolate making.

With this pack I would also want more opportunities for the archeology Skill. The addition of an active archeology career where you can work at a dig site. The introduction of finding dinosaur bones and building dinosaur skeletons that you could add to museums. Dinosaur museum signage and items. Also at each destination world a large site/puzzle/maze that once complete unlocks a historical type place to visit while on vacation as opposed to taking lots of relics from the destinations. Perhaps once complete you could be rewarded with items that can be placed in a museum or sold to a museum if you want the money.

I think several destination worlds and a home world would be asking too much but if we did get a home world as well I would like something based off Montana due to the emphasis on paleontology for this pack. What do you think?
    SEREFRAS
    Seasoned Hotshot
    I would love the idea of a Sims 4 World Adventure, however it must be able to have residential/apartment lots in the worlds as well as vacation & also hotels pretty please. ;)
  • I mostly miss Egypt and China from ts3 but I don't think we are going to ever have multiple worlds in one pack with ts4

would probably make egypt in its own GP like
    "Desert Adventure" similar to how we have Jungle Adventure but this time its all the desert dangers and fun maybe sims could also play harp or learn egyptian dance or such

and I feel like if theres ever place that suits pottery I'd choose China since we could expand to porcelain pottery and make tea sets or something useful like that
  • There's potential for expansions to the expansion! Different game packs for different parts of the world or with different themes. Some ideas...

For different themes:
    - Foodie
    - Fashion
    - Arts and culture
    - Landmarks
    - Adventure
    - Discovery

• I would love an African centered world, Egypt, Italy, and Paris. Also Greece.
  • I feel like if we ever get a World Adventures type of EP, the worlds will be tiny with 5 lots each. For this reason I would rather prefer they made them into several packs. The tombs eventually all start to feel the same, but the worlds and their features I would probably want to play for longer and it would be sad to have Egypt or Paris restricted to tiny worlds with one or two playable lots. If we get Egypt and pyramids again, I am sure there will be tombs exploration included. For Paris I would love a city world not the countryside like in TS3. I would love if they made museums into an ownable business and added ticket booths so we could charge entrance fees for museums so it would be easier for our sims to earn the funds necessary for explorations and maybe purchase of valuable artifacts from the black market. For dinosaur bones, I think they could add them to basegame in Oasis Springs. Would love a skeleton version of the dino we can see in the neighbourhood decor.
  • One of my initial thoughts when making this post was that the sims 4 could never... 3+ worlds in one pack? No way. But I'm going to hope anyways. I believe both ts2 and ts3 had one vacation themed pack with 3 worlds so maybe it could happen for ts4... maybe competition will push them to greatness.
    I wouldn't mind if each world were medium sized, similar in size to Selvadorada or Tartosa. I would be disappointed with a small 5 lot world.
    I really like the idea of finding and building dinosaurs, that is something they haven't done before and I think it would add a new element of fun to the game.
  • "MotherofDragons1208;c-18329915" wrote:
    There's potential for expansions to the expansion! Different game packs for different parts of the world or with different themes. Some ideas...

For different themes:
    - Foodie
    - Fashion
    - Arts and culture
    - Landmarks
    - Adventure
    - Discovery

I love this idea.