Forum Discussion

2 months ago

Criminal justice system for the sims

I'd like to see a genuine criminal justice system introduced into the sims 4. Here are my main reasons why:

1. Sims can join the criminal career but cannot be arrested by NPC detectives for criminal activities.
  2. Sims can join the detective career, but investigations are boring since criminal sims only commit small crimes. It's not like you can investigate fraud, suspicious death, or abductions in the sims 4. I mean, I played the detective career once and investigated like 6 graffiti vandalisms and 4 burglaries during the first few levels of the career and was so bored.
  3. Sims with the programming skill can perform hacking interactions, but it's not like the police are going to knock on their door and confiscate their computer.
  4. Sims with the klepto trait can swipe items, but it's not like NPCs will report them to the police.
  5. Sims in the politician career don't get arrested for taking bribes.
  6. Also why does the sims 4 not have the burglar NPC like previous generations?

Imagine if played sims and NPCs could get arrested for criminal activity, actually be put in get to work jail cells, have to call a household member or friend to pay bail, and have a criminal record. Players could also have their sim call the police if they see NPCs committing crimes. 

Discover university added a lawyer career, so I imagine if compatibility is added for the get to work detective career and updates are added for the criminal, secret agent, and military careers, we can have a full criminal justice system in the game.

• I think they would need to add a lot of cross pack compatibility for such system to work. It would be nice also if we could see police patrolling the streets occasionally, or cops coming in to buy donuts at the bakery, and yes, being able to visit the police station to report theft of stuff and there being a chance that it is returned. I don't really care for the burglar NPC with the klepto sims around, but if they bring him back, maybe they could make him a sort of super villain that only steals items over a certain value. 

• I would love this! All of it. Even just such a simple thing as catching a sim stealing from you and being able to throw them out of the house and get your stuff back. Now an NPC can swipe your tv in front of you and your sim doesn't even become angry. 

I do get that a lot of this would require a lot of cross-pack combability to a level where EA just normally doesn't go, but there would be ways around this: 

• Arrests for criminal sims could be rabbit holes (just like the career is) and therefore work for BG rather than use the GTW cells. 
    • Confronting klepto-sims when they steal could also be BG. 
    • Reporting them to the police could be a phone interaction (only BG needed). 
    • The crimes in GTW could be more serious without changes to the pack combability, no need for trials and lawyers and things that would take up too much resources, however...
      • All sims in the criminal career should be available for arrests/investigation in GTW (this is just combability between BG and GTW, not any other packs.)
      • When playing a lawyer looking for clients, criminals could be part of the client base and ask for legal assistance in defending themselves (even if it's done entirely off screen). Taking such cases could damage your reputation if you have GF. 
    • Burglar system could be a part of a BG update, with Police patrolling the streets and coming to arrest them if you have an alarm.
    LiELF
    Seasoned Veteran

We definitely need police, crime and punishment. Kleptos are long overdue for consequences because, what's the point? There's no threat of getting caught, and if you're caught, what happens? Absolutely nothing. 

I also think that putting these things in the game opens a great opportunity for Superheroes and real Villains, for Occult and Fantastical players. 🖤