Forum Discussion

Legoman01134
Newcomer
4 hours ago

Off The Grid is so neglected

Off the grid combinded with simple living Would have been the most fun way to play sims 4 for me, if it weren't for the fact that all the stoves have been turned into gas hotplates,  Despite the fact that we have several off the grid wood burning stoves, and the oven part is completely disabled is for no apparent reason, which is actually pretty darn decremental towards the gameplay, Since we need the oven to complete several challenges, and not to forget the holiday objectives.

Besides a real gas stove oven is not for decoration, it functions!

There should be a optional item which is a portable gas hot plate, And wood burning stoves should be off the grid by default, and have a option to be turned into a modern electrical or gas powered stove.

Also off the grid stoves for immersion's sake should first have to be light like the fire places, and the  (while the Iron's hot fireplace) should be functional as a off the grid wood powered hotplate.

Dust is also a massive problem for off the grid because we can't for some reason use brooms to clean up the dust, we can only use the vacuum cleaner which runs on electricity, which defeats the purpose for those that are trying to play without any form of electricity.

It would have been fun if those who owned the realm of magic dlc had the ability to use their magic broom in order to get them to clean for them. Also it would fun if we could ride the vacuum cleaner around like the magic broom just like we could in sims 3, and it would have been hilarious if that also worked for the high end robot vacuum cleaner from the pets dlc.  xD

The most disappointing off the grid item for me have to be the Von Wick & co. Candle making table, Because i thought that we had to restock up on candles when playing off the grid with candle lights, but it just gives us the ability to make a single placeable candle which takes half the day to make, and only lasts for the other half, it also annoys me that we can't use wool instead of scraps for the wick.

There should be the ability to make a bunch of candles and stock them up for the coming days on off grid lots, and there should be a ability to order candles and other off the grid supplies via the mail box.

And again It would have been neat if we could combine the candle making ability for those that own the realm of magic dlc and add it to the cauldrons in order to make a whole batch of candles with magic.

And having some more recipes for the cauldrons would have been neat as well, instead of just mac and cheese and chili.

Wind up gramophones being unusable because they are considered as electrical is pretty darn infuriating! Considering that players that avoid electricity completely have no access to music outside of the music instruments because of this.

• The wind up gramophone needing power is pretty funny.

Certainly any that can warm the cooktop should be able to warm the oven. But I think it was done like this only to make off-grid more inconvenient. Like how fridges originally had no off-grid solution (and the one they got requires maintenance).