Forum Discussion

2 months ago

parenthood randomly glitches out after lovestruck update

i bought lovestruck and the save i was playing on was corrupted like instantly. my teenage sims parenthood meter were all called "life skill" and were completely bugged out. i couldnt press escape to go to the menu and sometimes it doesn't even let me alt-tab  out of the game. so whatever, i sadly make a new file and a new generation and then randomly my child sim's life skills also start tweaking out. PLEASE fix this. 

• cyberism  Please test with no mods or custom content, as in, move the Mods folder to the desktop and delete localthumbcache.package.  You don't need to save your progress.

• cyberism  For comparison's sake, please test with a different household in the same save, one with a teenager.  You don't need to save your progress after switching households.

If that other household has the same issue, try a new save, again as a test.  You can also save your existing household to your in-game library and place them in a new save to see whether the problem sticks to the sims.

I'm not saying your save is broken beyond repair, only that it's useful to narrow down the scope of the problem.