Forum Discussion

benny31345
Rising Novice
6 days ago

Tips on downloading or buying player made houses!

I am not very good at designing houses. I plan to buy one. However, I am really afraid that the house will contain locked items that I have not earned from careers. I don't want to cheat I would like to earn those items first. Is there a way to just get an empty house instead?

• When downloading a home, you should get the option to place it unfurnished.

• Personally, I don't add career rewards to my houses, especially when I plan to upload them to the Gallery. I did forget to remove one piece of cc, however to my latest Victorian House build, recently uploaded. My bad. It was religious icons, that can easily be replaced by a framed picture. I may make a note of that, since my house won't show up in an initial search unless you tick the box for cc or however it's worded.

JesLet40
    Seasoned Ace

There are several options, one as crinrict said is to download unfurnished, the other is to search for shell-builds, then you might have things like a bathroom or kitchen, but the house overall is unfurnished. 

atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran

Interesting question. I never considered that some players might specifically try to avoid these items. I usually let my sims buy anything from the build catalogue because I like to use everything in the game.

Is there any hashtag that can be used to let players know if these items are included.Just like many include hashtags like #moo or #nocc. If these objects matter to simmers then I want to let others know if I use them.