Forum Discussion

katitjv
New Spectator
4 years ago

A haunted spooky graveyard!

I think I just had a great idea, and just want to share it: I just built a graveyard, which is haunted. It's haunted residential, and has the trait spooky, and I built a small house there too, and moved a ghost in there that had been haunting one of my spooky houses.

So, I just built the house and put some decoration gravestones around it and made it look like a graveyard, and even though it's a residential lot, sims can visit it, because they don't need to go to inside the house. I was thinking my teen, who's been getting into paranormal could go there and do a séance!
  • I've also done that! I will place my dead sims there for the grave digger resident to Strengthen the Bond every now and then; and to have some ghosts as roommates.
  • Another option for graveyards is to build an above ground vault/mausoleum that leads to catacombs for urns to make use of underground space too. Another vault/mausoleum could lead to a vampire or skeleton residence.

Making a graveyard/wedding venue combination is another option. Build a vicarage or apartment for the resident as well as a church hall or other space for the reception (remember to set the front door of their home as the front door). Graves can go in the church yard or catacombs. Lot can be haunted or just regular residential. You can throw parties at another sim's house as long as you know them and invite them, so weddings are possible, as are funerals (with mods).
  • "kati77;c-17848042" wrote:
    "EmmaVane;c-17847228" wrote:
    Making a graveyard/wedding venue combination is another option. Build a vicarage or apartment for the resident as well as a church hall or other space for the reception (remember to set the front door of their home as the front door). Graves can go in the church yard or catacombs. Lot can be haunted or just regular residential. You can throw parties at another sim's house as long as you know them and invite them, so weddings are possible, as are funerals (with mods).

So, you can go inside all the other places, except for the one with the front door? I mean, without knocking.

I think you still have to knock to access other ground floor buildings, but you can access through arches and other levels just fine (unless that was patched out). However, as you need to meet the sim to use their lot for your party it makes sense to visit their residence to do so, rather than knocking on the door of the vault (for example) then having to cross the lot so you can get in to the residence.
    SheriSim
    Rising Adventurer
    I read recently on a post that if you have 6 charisma and an urn in your inventory, you can give a Eulogy. I’m not sure if you use a podium or what. But I know someone who created a clergyman with the political career. After the split in the career one goes towards an organization. I was also reading that you can make wreaths with a stand by using moo, and putting a wreath on an easel.
  • I just found two good reasons for incorporating My First Pet Stuff with my collection of TS4 gameplay:

"If another Sim is already infected with and gets to stage 3 when it’s contagious there’s a chance to spread it when other Sim are near them long enough. It’s a airborne illness so just hanging out with Sim can spread it "
    https://sims-online.com/how-to-get-treat-guinea-pig-disease/

"Death by Rabid Rodent Fever: This Sim succumbed to Rabid Rodent Fever, and spreads fear of pestilence and disease in the afterlife. Ghost looks like a giant rodent, foaming at the mouth. Ghost can spread rodent fear which cause nearby Sims to run in fear."
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Trait_(The_Sims_4)

That is just so incredibly creepy. Off to create ghosts for my grave yard now.
    katitjv
    New Spectator
    "EmmaVane;c-17847228" wrote:

So, you can go inside all the other places, except for the one with the front door? I mean, without knocking.