Forum Discussion

Simmerville
Seasoned Veteran
5 days ago

About the free update coming

One of the tarrot cards in the roadmap video shows 4 existing worlds, one in each corner of the card. Most likely they are Sulani, Mt. Komorebi, StrangerVille and Forgotten Hollow. My wet dream is that we will get a new hood added to each of them, but I realize that might not happen:)

I tried to find a connection to these 4 worlds from the themes of the roadmap, and i end up with DEATH being what most of them have in common.

Sulani has irts old spirits, and maybe something new will be added to that feature, or the feature gets reused in all worlds. 

In Mt. Komorebi we have a new sort of gravestones where we can offer andf decorate by placing something on the grave - I'd not be surprised if this is a feature that will now be accessible in any world.

In Forgotten Hollow the Straud Mansion certainly has plenty of graves, and there is also the big statue. I'm so hoping for a new statue feature (creating a statue in  CAS to honor a specific sim?), and a way to leave small decor on the statue being a floral wreath or a candle oir single flower etc. Not sure if vampirism will have any connection to Death and Grim, but if so there might be other reasons for this world to be listed. Maybe it is about a benefit affecting a vampire's life length?

Final world, StrangerVille is harder for me to link to the new EP. I never played the full mother plant story, is death playin a bigger role than I'm aware of? Or maybe the posession state will get a twist related to zombies?

No matter what, I'm convinced most of these free updates will be related to the Life&Death pack, so we should see the patch late October :)

Anyone?

LiELF
    Seasoned Veteran

Yeah, I think that's pretty much my theory as well, that death is the common denominator. I think we're probably getting cemeteries so you're right, graves might get some overhaul for more interactions, plus a new lot type. I think ancestral spirits will have more significance too, maybe helping lay them to rest, or do them a favor, or get bonuses from their protection. 

Strangerville is a little trickier, but yeah, zombies is the first thing I thought, too. I just don't know how it would change anything in Strangerville, unless we get more integration with "Mother's children", which would be awesome in my opinion, so Strangerville would feel less disconnected. I'm hoping we get a return of resurrection attempts and failures, (failure would result in a zombie in Sims 2) and also the phone that we had in Sims 2, which was a special reward from one of the careers, I think. But ultimately, I'd like new zombies in addition to SV ones because MORE OCCULTS! 

I also have my fingers crossed that we're getting the highly requested Ghost overhaul as well, so we can create them in CAS and they can produce Ghost babies and use their special death effects as powers. 

Updates for ALL of the DEATH! 🤩💀🧟⚰️⚱️👻🖤

(And please, please let it not break the game!)

Simmerville
    Seasoned Veteran

Just recalled one more pack specific graveyard that we already have - the pet graveyard at Deadgrass Island. I wonder if that place will be affected by the new pack, too. Pet ghosts are pretty much like any ghost, but Grim is still involved, and they could easily get some unique features in a pack focusing on life and death. Would require the C&D pack, hough.

Simmerville
    Seasoned Veteran

One more thought about Forgotten Hollow. That world have a mysterious grave that we can not access, but that obviously has some backstory. Maybe we will get more features added to that specific grave?