Forum Discussion

Amj1995
Seasoned Newcomer
4 years ago

Accessories on Hairstyles should be optional?

I think most hairstyles shouldn't come with accessories on them. There should be an option where we can add or remove them through the hat category in the CAS catalog. I know for people on PC, we have the option to get a CC version without the accessory, but console players do not have that option.
  • They should at least be able to be recolored separately from the hair like in TS3. I hate that the hair color determines the accessory color, makes it so hard to match clothing
  • Yes I miss being able to edit people's hair color. Also there needs to be more Afro-centric hair stiles. bring back some old ones that previous iterations had
    CAPTAIN_NXR7
    Seasoned Veteran
    I concur.

1. More hair colour options to compliment the upgraded skintone feature.
    2. Separate accessories in order to combine differently textures/ coloured accessories with different hair colours.

However....obviously some accessories do not suit all hair styles and I believe this is the reason why they're currently part of the hair style itself.
    The hair meshes include hat chops, making sure that hats fit onto the sim's head without clipping issues, regardless of hairstyle.
    For accessories this can't work the same way.

It's relatively easy to create chops for hats, but trying to get accessories to fit any hair mesh without them causing clipping issues is a technical nightmare I'm sure. This is why CC accessories only look good on select hairstyles.
    It needs to either fit all, or this won't be an option.

I'm sure right now this is the lowest on the teams priority list, if at all due to technical difficulties. So although I would like the option, I can't see it happen any time soon...
  • This is one of the most consensual polls i've ever seen. Yes, it should be optional. It'ld give us more options and that's always good.
  • Especially since some of the hair clips and such are super hard to match with outfits
  • "TruthGamer96;c-17776484" wrote:
    Especially since some of the hair clips and such are super hard to match with outfits

Yeah, it’d be nice if they’d add a little way to change the colour of the accessories separately to hair colour. It could be a little “...” menu on anything with a headband or clip where you choose which colour you want.
    LiELF
    Seasoned Veteran
    I think the best way to do this would be to create these kinds of styles in doubles. Have one mesh with the accessory and one mesh without. People who want the plainer style could use it, and those who want to have the barrettes or flowers could use that one. It could work the same way they do funky hair colors. (Which I think should be done for all other hair styles and updated.)
  • "CAPTAIN_NXR7;c-17770571" wrote:
    I concur.

1. More hair colour options to compliment the upgraded skintone feature.
    2. Separate accessories in order to combine differently textures/ coloured accessories with different hair colours.

However....obviously some accessories do not suit all hair styles and I believe this is the reason why they're currently part of the hair style itself.
    The hair meshes include hat chops, making sure that hats fit onto the sim's head without clipping issues, regardless of hairstyle.
    For accessories this can't work the same way.

It's relatively easy to create chops for hats, but trying to get accessories to fit any hair mesh without them causing clipping issues is a technical nightmare I'm sure. This is why CC accessories only look good on select hairstyles.
    It needs to either fit all, or this won't be an option.

I'm sure right now this is the lowest on the teams priority list, if at all due to technical difficulties. So although I would like the option, I can't see it happen any time soon...

They could at least try and provide some. Like in real life, some would work with the hairstyle and some would not. Accessories like flowers that you can stick above the ears, for hairs that have hair pulled back behind an ear. Or different barrettes styles for hairstyles that contain barrettes. Stuff like headbands could be made to just follow the head shape like in real life.