Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Aging

do you play with aging off? Also if no what life span?
    Joanne_Snow
    Rising Traveler
    I play with aging on/off - when their lives start to feel a little too fast I put it on hold, just rarely forever because I find it weird when they never die and I can't keep playing with the same sims for years. Even though I love the sims in my current save so we're in the aging off-phase. For now.
  • I don't play generational or challenges. Doesn't interest me. I age my Sims when and if I want to. The game for me is not about their life, but about what I want to do with them.
  • I play challenges with the aging rules in the challenges. I am on gen 6 in one challenge. In other saves there is no aging and I have one short life span save just to experience it (the sims flash by so quickly) it isnt ny favourite. In others I age who I want when I feel like it. I like both aging and seeeing the new generation as well as preserving my favourite sims.
  • I've always played normal lifespan because I feel like it keeps my generational play quite engaging and interesting. But since downloading University, I've used MCCC to extend the adult lifespan by a week. I just think University is now going to take up the whole of YA, which is fine, but it leaves a lot of living to do (career/family etc) in the adult lifespan, so it's suddenly not quite long enough - but I think long lifespan will be too long. I think an extra week should let it feel about the same as the regular lifespan does. Plus, if I wait until Adult to have children then they are always dying of old age when the kids are teenagers, so hopefully extending it a bit might stop this for a while.
  • I tend to alternate between long and normal lifespan depending on the story I'm playing or how impatient I'm feeling.
  • It depends on what I'm trying to accomplish with my sims.

Legacy play= Normal lifespan
    Challenges = Long lifespan unless otherwise stated in the rules.
    Aging Off = If I'm trying to just trying things out for the first time like playing through a new aspiration or career/activity.
  • "BradyGalaxy;c-17315599" wrote:
    It depends what family. I have like 3 families with aging off, but the rest of my families have aging on.

is there a reason you only do it with 3 families over all?
  • "Mindsimscreate;c-17315605" wrote:
    Hey! I play with aging on for all usually, with a custom lifespan. It’s in between long lifespan and normal lifespan, since I feel like normal is way too short and long is way too long.

How do you do a custom lifespan?
  • "Mindsimscreate;c-17315608" wrote:
    "irishluck1986;c-17315606" wrote:
    "Mindsimscreate;c-17315605" wrote:
    Hey! I play with aging on for all usually, with a custom lifespan. It’s in between long lifespan and normal lifespan, since I feel like normal is way too short and long is way too long.

How do you do a custom lifespan?

I do it through MCC mod. It allows me to set the lifespan in days for each lifestage of the human lives, as well as pet lifespans.

I have that mod. Where is it located? I would love to set my own! I have never really messed with it.