Forum Discussion

moppy14w
Seasoned Newcomer
2 years ago

Are adventurous Sims harder to keep entertained?

My Sim is a teenager with adventurous and loner traits. I either haven't found what she likes yet and/or adventurous Sims are harder to keep entertained. Her fun is constantly in the orange or red, at best yellow. I haven't resorted to music yet, though once she can afford earbuds or a stereo, I'm sure that will help. She's even decided she dislikes video games (via the in-game system).

Also, my Sims do not surprise me very much anymore but I had to laugh when she suddenly fell asleep during a movie. Just "Asleep +10,000" and I was like what?!? then I laughed.
    CAPTAIN_NXR7
    Seasoned Hotshot
    The answer is yes, but keeping them “entertained” doesn’t equate to having them play computer games or watch movies all day. Adventurous sims are purely physical beings. The only entertainment they need is doing stuff with their bodies, however, being an adventurous sim is not the same as being an athletic sim.

Two of my main guys are adventurous, outdoorsy types and they just need to keep going almost non-stop. They’re both mountaineers and do lot of rock climbing and traveling. I’m constantly hopping from world to world with them - which is something I personally enjoy but I understand that this may not suit most players.

When these guys are not outdoors, they use the vertical treadmill / climbing wall, training dummies or gym equipment. The problem is that adventurous sims get bored from using static equipment for too long, they really need to feel that they’re going somewhere, that they’re making progress. They prefer outdoor activities.

I’d suggest sending her on a skiing trip or go skating or swimming or rock climbing with her. She might want to go for hikes. As long as she doesn’t just sit on her butt, that red fun bar will turn green in no time. ?
    Best of luck!

• My adventurous sims get bored if they do the same things all the time, and become happy when they try something new. But it doesn't seem like it has to be physical necessarily. They become happy from trying new food, for example, or starting to learn a new skill.
    CAPTAIN_NXR7
    Seasoned Hotshot
    "GlacierSnow;c-18274663" wrote:
    My adventurous sims get bored if they do the same things all the time, and become happy when they try something new. But it doesn't seem like it has to be physical necessarily. They become happy from trying new food, for example, or starting to learn a new skill.

Ah, good point!
    I suppose the reason I experience my adventurous sims the way I do is due to how I play them. I don’t really let them experiment with skills like cooking or writing, because I know how wonderful they feel from being active in an outdoor environment, and that they can get bored a lot quicker from doing anything repetitive indoors. Can’t say I’m pushing them too hard…whenever I let them do whatever they want on the home lot - and there’s tons to do - they just get bored. They’d be sulking around the place like despondent teenagers and believe me, these lads are at least in their mid 30’s if not older. Sheesh, the state of them.

Is it possible that a different combination of traits makes a different kind of adventurous sim? I suppose that would make sense.