Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Are pool tables even possible?

Is there a good reason why we do not have pool tables in the Sims 4? I, and many other people, have been asking for pool tables since the Sims 4 release. I just don’t understand why pool tables, which we had in all of the previous versions of the Sims, is not in the Sims 4? Can anyone give me a good reason why?
  • Yea sims can play games just fine. They don't stop to do other things. There is no reason why we can't have one and when we do it will be functional.
    I think they just haven't gotten around to it. Like some one said they do seem to be more focused on current trends and other such things. But I also wonder why we see a lack of new animations, interactions or animated things. I'm curious if it's hard to do, too time consuming, too expensive or something else.
    Because right off the top of my head I could think of so many new things that would be awesome. And great interactions for multiple sims.
    I do think we would get one eventually. I would love to put one in my clubs for the boys?
    logionX
    Seasoned Vanguard
    I don't think it's impossible, but they probably would have to create new table from scratch with completely new animations which might take a lot of time to make, there are a lot of small objects moving around on a pool table.

And that might be difficult to do with the limited amount of packs that they are releasing, I'm not sure how many packs that they are planning to release every year from now on.
  • "logion;c-18099353" wrote:
    I don't think it's impossible, but they probably would have to create new table from scratch with completely new animations which might take a lot of time to make, there are a lot of small objects moving around on a pool table.

And that might be difficult to do with the limited amount of packs that they are releasing, I'm not sure how many packs that they are planning to release every year from now on.

Well the foosball table do demand a lot of animations and the Sims can play that forever, what I heard EA is still looking to fill a lot of positions and have a hard time filling them, so maybe it is a staffing problem.