Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Aspirations for teens and elders

I am currently playing quite a large family split into several households and I have Sims of all ages from children to elders. When the eldest daughter of my main household aged up to a teen I realised none of the aspirations suited what I wanted her to be. Then her grandmother finished one of the family aspirations and I faced the same situations.

All of the aspirations we have in game are great for young adults and adults but not for the other ages...

For example, I thought that elders could have one based on family and grandchildren called "Perfect Grandparent".

Would you like to have aspirations for teens and elders specifically? And if yes, what would the goals be?
    aejp24
    Seasoned Novice
    "QueenofMyshuno;c-17170705" wrote:
    FYI, you can get aspiration and trait cc, just like you can for objects. I don’t think everyone who plays realizes this. The sim personalities are pretty thin the way the game is set up, so I have as many personality-enhancing mods and cc as I can find.

My favorite right now is the “fibromyalgia” trait. I gave it to my artist. He’s often physically uncomfortable, so it gives him facial expressions and body gestures that make him look the part of the brooding, tortured artist, which is great for storytelling. Another one I just gave a toddler is the “autism” trait. I’m looking forward to seeing how that one plays out.

I use CC for some things like hair and clothes but I try not to use too much of it for the simple reason that I don't want to go through everything every single month to see what's broken and what's not broken. I don't feel like simmers should have to rely on CC for their game to get better. Some things should be fixed whether you use cc or not.
    dianed485
    Seasoned Traveler
    I'd like to have specific aspirations for teens. Also I think some aspirations are not adapted to them, like "superparent", "mixologist" etc
  • Teens deserve a lot more attention in general, I feel, and specific aspirations for them would be a great improvement. Like one for being a good student like the Whiz Kid aspiration for children, and one for being rebellious.
  • I would generally love to see more stuff to do with teens/elders and more kids aspirations, those three we have are - as @"Amandèle" stated - they do get boring if you play a lot of children as I usually do.

Elders should have something to do with grandchildren and retirement (like retire -> get a hobby eg. level up in gardening/fishing or other things elderly folk would like to do - oooh I'd love if they could knit! Or other elder specific skills!). I love the elderly people and it makes me sad that in this game there's so much missed potential. Like grandparents should be better at teaching the youngsters about life (manners, responsibility, etc. in parenthood and mentoring skills - just because they have more experience than YA's and adults!). They should have photo albums that they could reminiscence upon and tell stories of their younger days (group stories if possible).

Teens should have first the possibilities for teen house parties, learning to drive, and other stuff we used to have in previous games (which I was hoping to be introduced in parenthood, which turned out to be a really cheap "copy" of Generations, but the name "parenthood" gives me hope we'd have "teenagedom" hehe or "elderly folk" coming up *fingers crossed*) and then we should have aspirations for them also.

There's so much more to the life stages (other than YA's and adults though I understand most players use those the most) that I'd like to see. Toddlers, when introduced, felt like a real life state more than kids and teens and elders do to me atm.

Sorry for the OT, but I seem to start ranting about "empty" life stages every time the subject comes up :)
  • "QueenofMyshuno;c-17170705" wrote:
    FYI, you can get aspiration and trait cc, just like you can for objects. I don’t think everyone who plays realizes this. The sim personalities are pretty thin the way the game is set up, so I have as many personality-enhancing mods and cc as I can find.

My favorite right now is the “fibromyalgia” trait. I gave it to my artist. He’s often physically uncomfortable, so it gives him facial expressions and body gestures that make him look the part of the brooding, tortured artist, which is great for storytelling. Another one I just gave a toddler is the “autism” trait. I’m looking forward to seeing how that one plays out.

Yes, I have downloaded a few traits already but I don't find that many aspirations… Also, I wish it was part of the game and we didn't have to use mods for that :/
  • "PlayerSinger2010;c-17171244" wrote:
    Teens yes, but not elders.

Why not elders? :)