Forum Discussion

moppy14w
Seasoned Newcomer
8 months ago

Backstory and Musings..

Spoiler
Anyone who’s a regular on the forums here knows I am the WORST when it comes to starting new saves and new Sims. Part of it is game glitches, usually with updates (have been working on reducing mod use for protection..) Part of it is poor health leading to periods where I can actually work and then long periods of Simming followed by a disruption to my game flow with real life and that pattern repeats.

I have had a TONNE of fun coming up with new stories and new characters. But I really do want to stick with a save for a while. To that end I am collating my experiences and still trying to hit that sweet spot and find the magic ingredient to a lasting Sim game.

I’m trying to really flesh out these Sims before I start playing them.

So far…

Natasha Selwyn is a blonde haired, hazel eyed and freckled young woman. Around 19 or 21 she is a recent graduate of school and looking at higher education to peruse her dream of becoming a renowned scientist. Her favourite fashion is light, with a very strong preference for white and pale blue. She always has her nails done just so, though short for practicalities sake. Actually she’s been known in her peer circles as an overachiever and also a bit high maintenance. Her few friends often speak more kindly of her as Natasha is very loyal. Natasha is living with her boyfriend which helps make ends while she intends to study. (Natasha will probably hold a part time job while at university)

Ryan (name subject to being changed to Bryan actually…) Dias is in many, many ways the opposite of his girlfriend. Dark skinned and dark haired, he dresses scruffily in comfortable, usually dark clothes (lots of brown, green, black). In a world where magic is NOT commonplace, or even well known, Ryan carries a secret inheritance ready to bloom. For reasons I, the player, have not yet explored Ryan does not know at least one of his parents and doesn’t know about his magic abilities, yet. He is gregarious and happy go lucky. Making new friends easily and frequently being rather a goofball. Right now he’s a bit of a “job hopper” looking for the right career to settle down. Only in his early twenties he’s got plenty of time, right?! Ryan loves the hip hop and rowdy music that Natasha can’t stand. He in turn doesn’t get her “soft” or “pop princess” tastes in audio. Their common ground is that they are both quite clever, if a bit in their own ways. But it’s also a lot of an “opposites attract” situation.

The couple live in an apartment in a rather run down Grimms Quarry, Evergreen Harbour. No money cheats here. Wondering about creating at least one parent (perhaps for Natasha) to kind of fill the complete family void left by brand new Sims (not that I’m not used to that)…

Natasha’s traits: collector, overachiever, high maintenance, loyal

Ryan’s traits: gregarious, non committal, goofball and I don’t remember right now.

• Sounds fun :)
    One loyal and one noncommittal sounds like drama waiting to happen!
    If you're thinking of creating a parent why not the parent Ryan does know? Sounds like there's already a story brewing there.
    ZazzyKittyn
    Seasoned Newcomer
    For the parent why not create the parent that will help Bryan know about his other side of him
    As you play and you feel the need to create parents, siblings, and other family relatives for them then do it either as the age they will be now or the age they were back then in memories, flashback etc
    Sounds like drama, romance, confronting: the past, the future and the now
    I would be willing to read if post in stories here in the forums or on a blog that you don't need to register for