Forum Discussion

• Well, I hope it fixes a lot of stuff. I know at least one critical eye bug is gonna be fixed. Two more to go.

atreya33
    Seasoned Ace

Will the patch and the event start at the same time? Or is it possible to start up the gameju before the update and play week 5. Then update right afterwards? 

crocobaura
      Seasoned Ace

I think you should be able to start your game and play week 5 before the patch is released. The event is based on a timer, once the time is up, the event progresses to next week. 

atreya33
        Seasoned Ace

That is similar to what I had in mind. Let's see if it is possible. 

IronKnight55
      Seasoned Hotshot

I'm a bit confused by this comment. They updated the way gravestones and urns work and added new ones for our merfolk. Now we can "woohoo" with Grim, and they added a way for players to create ghosts in CAS. There are also other improvements, such as new occult options in CAS. All of this is optional unless I've missed something.

Even the latest Life and Death EP isn't going to force funerals on you, at least I highly doubt it. I certainly understand where you're coming from with not wanting a lot of death-related content in your game, but it should be able to be played around.

• I'm completely surprised. This patch was called a Big One, and I just now updated my game. It's done already. Lickety-split. Either my computer/WiFi is screaming fast, or something . . . I don't know.

MVWdeZT
    Rising Adventurer

Am I the only one who thinks that SimGuruNinja is doing the voice over?

• I updated my game. This update has some nice improvements.

• Changing occults in CAS is something I have been wanting for a long time. This is so great. I have been asking this on the forums more than once. 
    • immediately keep sims as playable ghosts is great
    • the option for ghosts to keep their inventory is very useful
    • children taken by the social worker finally have the right to live and are no longer erased from existance
    • the large campfire in base game is a surprising addition. But I guess it makes sense, that way they can use the large campfire in new packs without have to create a new version for every DLC.

But there are some downsides

• the servo urn is available but the servo tombstone is not?
    • the previous patch improved wedding for English games but made them unplayable for other languages. The wedding arch is filled with blank buttons in the Dutch version. This turns wedding into a guessing game. Clicking buttons with no idea what they do is basically making wedding unplayable. I realise this was by intention by the previous patch but I really, really, really hope this won't be another pronouns situation. Were are still waiting for those. Ah, at least two years after the pronouns update the sims team addressed the name bug this created in all other languages. So hopefully I can use MWS again in two years?
    • DX11 is no applied to more computers. No longer being able to alt-tab out of the game is a serious downside to DX11. I am not sure it outweighs a slight performance improvement.
      crocobaura
      Seasoned Ace
      atreya33 wrote:

the servo urn is available but the servo tombstone is not?

I find it weird that the servo even has a tomb and an urn. It's a machine, once it breaks down you recycle it. At most you might want to keep it around as decoration, or maybe put it in a box for storage. But who buries or incinerates some machinery? Personally, I would prefer that servos were continuously upgradeable, if they break down you could repair, if the breakdown is too sever maybe you could save a part of them and use it to create a new one or maybe use as decoration.  

atreya33
        Seasoned Ace

crocobaurasomeone already made a big report about the missing grave stone. I already added a me too. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CD-DU-Missing-Graves-Urns-Under-Display-as-interaction/td-p/14190865

JesLet40
      Seasoned Ace
      atreya33 wrote:

DX11 is no applied to more computers. No longer being able to alt-tab out of the game is a serious downside to DX11. I am not sure it outweighs a slight performance improvement.

You can turn off DX11 in the settings, it came with the last patch. Because of the alt-tab issue I keep it in DX9. I know they said they fixed the issue, so I'm not holding my breath for an actual fix, though I do hope it will come.