Forum Discussion

5 years ago

BUG: curtain placement

After the update today, I am unable to place Drapes de Rigeur, from the Vanpires pack on angled walls. It now gives me the message, “must be placed on wall.” Nothing is intersecting.
  • I can no longer place mirrors on diagonal walls with the same 'must be placed on a room wall' message.
  • Apparently that goes for a lot of decorations currently.

/I didn't dream we could do that previously, did I?
  • I'm seeing random items disappear and not fun when they were debug items cos i have to go find them again, i've mentioned this but i don't know if when you try to play any windows or doors next to each other the first starting in the middle of a Grid Square the next one doesn't work out so well and it gets covered by the wall, Is this supposed to happen? or Is it a bug?.
  • "simMir;c-17536623" wrote:
    I can no longer place mirrors on diagonal walls with the same 'must be placed on a room wall' message.

Report it on the bug site: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

"simMir;c-17536628" wrote:
    Apparently that goes for a lot of decorations currently.

/I didn't dream we could do that previously, did I?

No, you didn't dream it.

"BohoFlower;c-17538944" wrote:
    I'm seeing random items disappear and not fun when they were debug items cos i have to go find them again, i've mentioned this but i don't know if when you try to play any windows or doors next to each other the first starting in the middle of a Grid Square the next one doesn't work out so well and it gets covered by the wall, Is this supposed to happen? or Is it a bug?.

This is by design. It has to do with the fact the not more than one window can occupy a single tile, unfortunately. So you can't scoot two adjacent windows a half-tile to the right or left.
  • "BohoFlower;c-17538944" wrote:
    I'm seeing random items disappear and not fun when they were debug items cos i have to go find them again, i've mentioned this but i don't know if when you try to play any windows or doors next to each other the first starting in the middle of a Grid Square the next one doesn't work out so well and it gets covered by the wall, Is this supposed to happen? or Is it a bug?.

This is by design. It has to do with the fact the not more than one window can occupy a single tile, unfortunately. So you can't scoot two adjacent windows a half-tile to the right or left.
    -------------------

Well that blows they should fix that so we can place the windows and doors anywhere hopefully some time in the future *crosses fingers* we could place them anywhere on the wall in The Sims 2 so Why not in The Sims 4? strange choice to make.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,028 PostsLatest Activity: 2 hours ago