Forum Discussion

Simmerville
Seasoned Ace
5 years ago

Bummer - was hoping to recycle the piles of diplomas

Some of my sims have their inventory filled with diploma duplicates. Game says the items can neither be sold nor deleted. I was hoping that they could be recycled, but no. They are not showing in my sim's inventory list.

Any good idea how to make use of them? Can they be sold in a retail shop? "Relics, 2nd hand and old diplomas, Inc."?

I guess I can move that sim to another lot, hang the diplomas on a wall, then move out and demolish the lot. But I hope there is an easier way.
  • LOL at the Sharing is Caring Nap :)

Main problem in my game is that this is the situation for many households. Diplomas piled up in their household inventory. It is a Uni glitch when a student moves back home *before* receiving the diploma and portrait a some hours after the graduation event. The number of diplomas is insane though, I wonder if they get one extra added every time a new student graduates... they are all with the same text though, the household member's name and all... I assume the glitch must have been fixed by now.

Will test various ideas, thanks!
  • "TeeSea;c-17543346" wrote:
    Put them on the wall and go to cheat mode and shift click them and select destroy and they should disappear.

Good idea, but I only get "Reset object" and "Set as head". No destroy option... Cheat mode was confirmed, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
  • I have an idea, go out to Willow Creek on a stormy day where it is lighting, and lay those things out on the ground. Yesterday when I was playing in Willowcreek, my sim's yard got struck by lightening a lot. I ended up having to replace two, of the three, of my water catchers, a windmill, and Patchy's post was turned into ash. Patchy is now postless. lol By the time the day had ended and the lightning had stopped I had many many dark spots where the ground was struck.

I'm not sure if there is a connection between the ECO items I had in the yard or not, but WOW never in my life had I seen so much lightning strikes in my sim's yard in a single storm.
    Tcee11
    Seasoned Rookie
    "Simmerville;c-17543767" wrote:
    Yay - was able to gift the diploma to NPCs! They were sooo grateful to receive such a nice gift,. and I assume my sim even got influence points from gifting.

I’m sorry I use MCCC and I have cheats settings that bring it up for me. I thought it was always available but apparently not.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,070 PostsLatest Activity: 8 minutes ago