Forum Discussion

SheriSim
Rising Adventurer
4 years ago

Bust the Dust refresh, please!

Since EA is doing refreshes, I sure wish they would refresh Bust the Dust and make it like Laundry Day, where if a family owns a vacuum then dust builds up. If they don’t own a vacuum then it doesn’t. Maybe they could add a permanently broken vacuum for those households they just want dirt to accumulate. This way, the families I want to vacuum have dust, and those I don’t want to bother with it don’t. Right now I have dust turned off, but I’d really like to use it with some families because I play rotationally.

Oh, and this would be a perfect pack to add a broom for sweeping for off the grid, though it would be nice to also use magic realm brooms as well.
    Haneul33
    Seasoned Adventurer
    "Gamer_34567544;c-17963239" wrote:
    "haneul;c-17963238" wrote:
    "ncisGibbs02;c-17962854" wrote:

"TARDISgrade;c-17961702" wrote:
    "DoloresGrey;c-17961600" wrote:
    They should add brooms for sweeping the floor.

Seconded. I would have bought the kit if there had been a functional broom. Not all stories I play with my Sims are set in modern times.

Thirded. I don’t understand why at least one broom wasn’t included. ???‍♂️.
    Growing up my gran had a big yard brush ?, something like that would be cool ?.

My guess is they didn't include brooms because brooms would have added to the development costs in a significant way. Kits seem low budget and a broom would have required additional animations.

I beg to differ. :smile:

We already have mopping animations for cleaning water puddles.

The mop animation is more similar to the vacuum than sweeping with a broom would be, though. People don't sweep in the way that the sims mop.
  • "haneul;c-17963265" wrote:

Seconded. I would have bought the kit if there had been a functional broom. Not all stories I play with my Sims are set in modern times.

My guess is they didn't include brooms because brooms would have added to the development costs in a significant way. Kits seem low budget and a broom would have required additional animations.

The mop animation is more similar to the vacuum than sweeping with a broom would be, though. People don't sweep in the way that the sims mop.

Then add a mop. ? Either way I don't see it being too difficult.
  • "LeGardePourpre;c-17961595" wrote:
    Dust Allergy trait is missing

Dust allergies, but I still think allergies should be more of a tab on their own, rather than one of three traits.
  • "haneul;c-17963238" wrote:

elliebreton
    Seasoned Veteran
    "JaiSea;c-17962819" wrote:
    "RavenSpit;c-17961707" wrote:
    Make the scruberoo spell get rid of the dust....
    at least tone the sniffing of the air way down, remove it or make a toggle (same for the sparkles), it annoys the heck out of me.
    And yes, sweaping please.

Yes! I can definitely live without the sniffing every time they enter a room.

THIS. This is the one and only reason I now have the dust toggled off. What a waste of money that was.

And, yes, I know there are mods to get rid of it. But I want to be mod-free in my current game.
  • Perhaps it would have been better if dusty floors were actually a choice in build/buy mode instead of game? That way the houses that are meant to look dirty won't get cleaned and those that must be clean won't get dirty.
  • "haneul;c-17963265" wrote:

I agree the animation for hoovering is like mopping.
    A sweeping animation would most likely have to be included in an expansion. You’re right a kit won’t include that much detail.