Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Camera Angle with Sims 4 Camera ... PLEASE HELP!

Hello everyone. I'm a member at last. Hooray ... so could somene make my day and tell me there is an option on the keyboard to tilt the Sims 4 camera in the way that you can with the Sims 3 camera.

I know you can switch between the cameras but I find that a bit clunky and it totally takes me out of the game, especially as the two have slightly different functions so I'm continually pressing the wrong side of the mouse to move/rotate. I also know you can zoom in with the mousewheel on the S4 camera and you get a little bit of tilt but it hurts my hand as you have to do it so often and the tilt is nowhere near as good as in the S3 camera tilt. I also know about the saved camera setting points but that doesn't do it either.

I do like the S4 camera on the whole. It's the one I started with and I find it steady, easier to control and I particularly like the drag and pull function of the left mouse button BUT you can see so little of the surrounding world and in the closed world scenario, I find that really important. I hadn't even seen the moon until I switched over. Didn't even know it was there.

I don't use mods or cc but would for this. I would!

Or is it something that would be possible to somehow patch in? Just a keyboard key allocation for tilt up and down. Please please please :p Gurus?

Yours hopefully ... thank you :)
    SamXNE_997
    Seasoned Newcomer
    You can just select TS3's camera style in the options menu. TS4's camera is designed to automatically tilt depending on how close it's zoomed in, whilst TS3's camera is all manual.
    simsimsere
    Seasoned Rookie
    Congrats on becoming a member!

For extra view and screenshots I simply use tab mode to move the camera more freely.

There's a hotkey for switching between TS3 and TS4 camera but I always forget what it is... Control + Shift + Tab, yeah that's it.
  • Thank you for your replies :)

I have played around with the camera switching options but was really hoping there was a way to do it without that - to stay in one mode without having to switch all the time. Maybe I'll have to practise that control shift tab one a bit more.

I'm still hopeful :)
    simsimsere
    Seasoned Rookie
    I too wish that TS4 camera had the tilt option AND free rotate for furnitures in build mode. I really like the camera but these two limitations are frustruating. Mods are an unknown area for me. Hopefully someone will be able to help you!
  • "musteni;c-16970430" wrote:
    I too wish that TS4 camera had the tilt option AND free rotate for furnitures in build mode. I really like the camera but these two limitations are frustruating. Mods are an unknown area for me. Hopefully someone will be able to help you!

Yes I totally agree about the tilt and the free rotate (and I'm glad I'm not alone!). It seems as if both cameras have their good points - but we really need one camera with all the good points!

Hopefully someone will be able to help us both!