Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Camping with pets

Can sims go camping with pets?
I know sims need a tent in their inventory; they'd need to take a food bowl and a toy or two as well, but what about litter boxes?
Also can pets sleep in tents?

My sims have never been camping, and they've all got either a cat or a dog and I want to make it happen but I'm not sure how.
  • Then just like you have to do to have stuff for your normal sims to survive during their camping trip you'll need to do for pets. Brings a place for them to eat and play and a bed if you don't want them to sleep on the ground. My guess is that they won't be able to sleep in tents just because the sims team doesn't normally go back and do that sort of thing for stuff specific to a pack that not everyone might have. I don't have Cats & Dogs so I assume cats can go to the bathroom on the ground like dogs do so you probably don't need a litter box but if you don't want them to go on the ground then you'd need to bring that for them too.
  • I've gone camping with pets a few times. I did edit the Granite Falls lots to have pet feeding automats (since single bowls might go missing), but @kalaksed told me that the ranger's station that sells tents and other camping equipment now sells food bowls, litter boxes, pet toys and so forth.

I've noticed that the pets behave somewhat normally on the 'home' rental camping lot. Eat from the bowl, go to the litterbox if feline, run around, hop on counters, but when you travel with them to other lots (not necessarily even in camping, I've seen this behavior in other normal non-home lots too) they sometimes just stand where they loaded in instead of exploring the surroundings. The sims can of course call them over, but they do seem to be a bit lost if not at home-lot.

Going to the National Park and hermit's hut especially can be a bit tricky with pets. To make it more annoying is that even if you leave your pets in your camping home lot, when you have another sim join you in the hermit's hut, the pets auto-appear there, and then just stick to that spot until you leave. Aka they didn't come with the sims to the National Park, but when one sim travels to hermit's hut, then has another sim join them there, the pets magically appear there.

So going to Granite Falls works fine with pets if you get them the stuff they need at your home campsite, but going around to other Granite Falls lots can be a bit tricky sometimes and need a lot of sim-guidance for the pets.
  • "comicsforlife;c-16283618" wrote:
    you can buy pet stuff at the camp

Thanks for the info :)
    But what about if you're not at a campsite; if you're just camping at a scenic spot somewhere else?

• I purchased a bowl for my dog before the trip but was not in my inventory, I purchased one at Granite Falls, same thing. Very annoying as I had to keep giving treats to the dog to keep him from starving, lol. I’ll add feeding stations as recommended above. Thanks

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,028 PostsLatest Activity: 7 hours ago