Forum Discussion

4 years ago

can anyone explain how to stop the game filling empty lots with sims?

Hi

I have just had to go around ever world again evicting sims I do not want in my worlds yet I have the do not fill empty houses ticked in game?

Am I doing something wrong or is this another bug?
  • Hi @dearie_blossom & @catmando830

The game options is un-checked supposedly not to allow the filling of empty houses with sims but it's still doing it this which is why I asked because I thought it was supposed to stop?
    bandit34
    Rising Traveler
    there is a settiing in mc on how many homes too leave empty
  • Hi @Kerrigan

Trust me to not really think of this as I use MCCC in quite a basic way not understanding every feature so I am wondering if you could point me in the right direction of this mod to stop it overriding my in game request to not fill empty homes?
  • "bandit5;c-17689569" wrote:
    there is a settiing in mc on how many homes too leave empty

we must have been posting at the same time as I only just noticed your post-)

could you tell me how to use MCCC to set my no fill empty homes with sims so I finally don't have to keep continually checking every world lol
  • Sometimes it's useful as a lot of them come with skill 10 in something I've found. I don't have any mods and keep it on and look at them before deleting them. Some of them are quite interesting and not what I would have chosen for myself but that's a good thing.
  • "Simburian;c-17690016" wrote:
    Sometimes it's useful as a lot of them come with skill 10 in something I've found. I don't have any mods and keep it on and look at them before deleting them. Some of them are quite interesting and not what I would have chosen for myself but that's a good thing.

I just don't like single Sims being stuck in a 4 or 5BR house, that's all. :D If my Sims get into a relationship (friendship or otherwise) with one of the Not In World townies, then I'll put them in a house or apartment so my Sims have a place to visit them. I try to save my smaller starter homes for that purpose. The ones that come with high skills tend to be the ones that have some sort of position assigned by the game, like the gym trainers will have level 10 Fitness.
  • If you have MC command center, you need to change the number of houses/lots you want to remain empty. Mine is set to one and it takes it seriously! :p I forgot to turn off "fill Empty Lots" in my game settings and now I have No empty lots except for three that I have reserved for future use. I have those set to Celebrity Home oddly enough and the game does not move random sims into there.
  • "Kerrigan;c-17689568" wrote:
    You have to have a mod that overrides that "fill empty homes" setting then. I always found MCCC to be hyper aggressive at filling homes and impregnating sims. Are you using any mods like that?

This is very true :D :D :D
  • "SimsLady2000;c-17690085" wrote:
    "Kerrigan;c-17689568" wrote:
    You have to have a mod that overrides that "fill empty homes" setting then. I always found MCCC to be hyper aggressive at filling homes and impregnating sims. Are you using any mods like that?

This is very true :D :D :D

Where do you get that mod?
  • And if you do not mind homeless sims moving to some of the houses, but you want to keep certain houses unoccupied, enter to the house you want to keep empty at build mode, set the amount of beds to 0. Then MCCC will not move anyone in that house :)