Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Can't Rehearse/Perform with "No Touching!" Quirk?!?

Okay, I ran into an issue recently and I really thought I'd be posting this under glitch/bug but it seems to be more a game design flaw than a glitch. So here's the situation:

I have a level 8 actress (with acting skill 8 too) who needed to perform an action or sci-fi scene with a fellow actor in order to prepare for her upcoming film role. SO, I invited over the cast and tried performing. They'd both do their breathing as if about to perform, but my actress would also be getting an image of her scene partner's face with the red "NO WAY" circle over it. Odd, but I figured she just didn't like the guy. Unfortunately, before any scene work could actually be done my actress dropped the performance and the scene partner would just walk away. Hmmm... I tried it with every single cast member that came over, but no joy.

Curious... So I figured, maybe these hacks just weren't talented enough to perform with (either in career level or acting skill level). So I ditched them and ran my actress around town looking for a glowing celebrity to rehearse with. No matter how famous the celebs, they all dropped the action as she indicated her dislike in the thought bubbles. (Note, she was "friends" with most of the actors I tried, tho not best friend level).

Finally I made my way over to the home of Judith Ward--that superstar had to be talented enough to act with. BUT, no joy again! The same thing happened over and over. SO, I decided to load Judith to check out her acting stats--she was only level 7, was that the issue? I bumped her up to acting level 10 and tried performing action and sci-fi with my actress who was still hanging around the house.

SUCCESS!!! OR so I thought...

I saved Judith's level 10 acting and reloaded my actress household and tried to perform those scenes that I KNEW Judith could do with her. NO JOY AGAIN!!! They'd get all set to perform either sci-fi or action, but my actress would have the thought bubble of Judith's x-ed out face and drop the performance before starting. GAHHHHH!!!

I tried a bunch of scenarios to get it to work, but it just wouldn't. Judith could perform those scene with my actress when I was controlling Judith, but my actress refused to perform those scenes with Judith when I was controlling her!!! I was totally stumped and SURE it must be a bug/glitch.

Just then, her talentless businessman/boyfriend showed up as he's wont to do wherever my (level 4 celebrity FYI) actress happens to be (kinda cute/kinda stalkerish... lol). Well, he'd been a willing if horrible scene partner in the past when I was less famous/skilled/advanced-careerwise so I gave performing the action and sci-fi scenes with him.

VOILA!!! Her terrible-actor boyfriend was able to successfully complete the scene! (At least the action one, I don't think he could do the sci-fi one, maybe because he has zero acting skills?)

SO, I wracked my brain--why could a no-talent boyfriend perform with my actress when the best actress in the simworld couldn't?!?

It has to be the fact that she has the "No touching!" quirk. Why? Because she could practice acting with Judith, and even do some of the other low-level performances. So why not the action or sci-fi? By trial and error it seems like it's the fact that those scenes involve touching that made her drop the action.

Which has me confused... I thought the "No touching!" quirk was for non-famous fans and other riff-raff, but that rubbing elbows (or performing) with other actors/celebs would be totally fine?!? What gives?!?!

SO, since this seems like it's just a design issue that was overlooked, rather than a bug or glitch, I'm posting it here.

BUT I'm really hoping EA will fix this so that actors of all levels/celebrity/skill can perform scenes together even if one/both have the "No Touching!" quirk. After all, my up-and-coming actress can't reach stardom if she can only rehearse with her talentless boyfriend!!!

(FYI--performing for tips didn't work either. Trust me, I tried every possible combination trying to get it to work!)