Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Celebrities

I have often if any celebrities play The Sims. And if so who, how could we find out?
  • "Loucifer;c-16385564" wrote:
    "MidnightAura;c-16383964" wrote:
    JK Rowling apparently does.

Maybe we should get her to light a fire under dev butts to get more supernatural stuff she could license some Harry Potter stuff :wink:

I wish, i would imagine its a bit harder then just getting the authors permission though as im sure other big companies own the rights too (Warner Bros etc).
  • "12JEREMIA;c-16384113" wrote:
    Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, and Beyoncé, that way hip hop and R&B will be back!

Queens
  • "paradiseplanet;c-16409123" wrote:
    Do Sims Ambassadors count as players?

No, its all for marketing purposes really. They basically take someone who is very popular with the tween market, whether that be through tv shows or music, and have them advertise the game to their fans on social media. Its pretty much been a thing since the sims 2 days (maybe even the sims 1 if you count people like avril lavigne being in superstar) Its kinda genius tbh.
  • "BMSO;c-16415914" wrote:
    I can't blame them for keeping a low profile if they are playing and posting in the forums. Lots of crazy obsessed fans out there. >.<

If i was a celeb I would be very out there with the fact im player :smiley:
  • "stilljustme2;c-16418080" wrote:
    "Simsfan99111;c-16417735" wrote:
    "BMSO;c-16415914" wrote:
    I can't blame them for keeping a low profile if they are playing and posting in the forums. Lots of crazy obsessed fans out there. >.<

If i was a celeb I would be very out there with the fact im player :smiley:

But you'd keep a low profile on the forums, so you wouldn't get slammed if you had an unpopular opinion. I mean, what if you said you really liked the CAS in Katy Perry Sweet Treats? :o

Yea thats very true :smiley:
    Anmirla
    Seasoned Traveler
    "GalacticGal;c-16381902" wrote:
    Apparently, Katy Parry was interested in the Sims. Not certain if that meant she played it at all. I bought the straightforward ST EP, myself. Had it been Kelly Clarkson, that may have been another thing.

She probably got as far as a basic description of how you controlled your Sims (you made them eat, you made them pee, etc.) so she could push her promotion.
    EA created an account for her on the board and people actually believed that she really had started her own account to post because she was playing. :/
  • "marcel21;c-16420786" wrote:
    Yet sweet treats was completely optional to buy and people still moan about it.

I liked some of the aspects of Sweet Treats -- many of the objects were great for kids rooms, especially young girls'. And I liked the venues; the Cake Pleasure Dome I turned into a dessert cafe with the Bistro Set, the pool was nice and small so easy to place in a neighborhood, and ditto the park. The CAS though was nightmare-inducing. :o