Forum Discussion

BissenNess
Seasoned Vanguard
2 years ago

Check in?

So they changed "Ask about day" to "Check in with name" Does anyone know why they did this? It just seems odd to me because I can't think what purpose it serves. I'm not saying I have a preference, all else equal. If it had always been "Check in" it wouldn't bother me. In fact, if "Ask about day" had no dependent interactions, I probably wouldn't even be writing this post. I might not have noticed. If I had I would have just shrugged and been bemused for a second. Here are my two issues with the change:

1. Don't the devs have other things to do with their time?
2. "Ask co-worker about day" is a task you sometimes get assigned in active careers. This hasn't been updated to reflect that it's not called that anymore in the social menu. If you were to try to play an active career and didn't know about this, you would have to waste a lot of time combing through all of the sub-menus to confirm that asking someone about their day isn't an option anymore. Then you'd have to use trial and error to figure out that you can use the "Check in" interaction instead.

Does this annoy anyone else?