Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Climbing Social Event Failure

OH MY GOD! I have been trying to get this stupid event done, but it's not going as planned. I'm literally getting annoyed. Every time I click on the sim in my household, who's part of my team when I need to check their readiness. It doesn't do it. Like???? I'm just super annoyed.
  • Someone in another thread recommended talking to the other Sim before trying to check their readiness. I would also recommend climbing to the first marker before you check readiness, because the sims you aren't controlling usually try to do their climb before anything else.

Make sure the sims from your household have at least level 6 Rock Climbing skill because that's the minimum for the final wall. Be sure to take supplies and equipment, such as a tent and food source. I took a barbecue grill but other people have used fruit, vegetables, power bars, etc. I also recommend taking the portable shower if you have Outdoor Retreat.
  • "Sketch793;c-17772101" wrote:
    Someone in another thread recommended talking to the other Sim before trying to check their readiness. I would also recommend climbing to the first marker before you check readiness, because the sims you aren't controlling usually try to do their climb before anything else.

Make sure the sims from your household have at least level 6 Rock Climbing skill because that's the minimum for the final wall. Be sure to take supplies and equipment, such as a tent and food source. I took a barbecue grill but other people have used fruit, vegetables, power bars, etc. I also recommend taking the portable shower if you have Outdoor Retreat.

*That someone raises his hand*
    Checking readyness screwed me over several times, before I understood that I had to first start a conversation with the sim whose readyness I want to check. Now it works like a charm everytime.
  • I had this issue, and had to bail on several excursions because if you don't do that it's either difficult or impossible to get gold and I wanted gold. I had another bug later on too where my sim was supposed to eat something and it didn't register, then finally just before the clock expired it registered but I was still at the bottom of the wall eating and stuffed to the brim trying to get it to acknowledge that part lol.

It can be really buggy but at someone else mentioned, if you start a conversation first you should then be able to get 'check readiness' to work.
  • Yep, the event is pretty glitchy. I had case similar to your eating delay, where I had done all the goals and assembled my sims at the second waypoint. The chart said 4/4 sims assembled, no goals left, I should have gotten gold for this stage, but was still at silver.
    I let my sims stand around and after a while the game finally registered that I should get gold and gave it to me.

All goals checked, 4/4 at waypoint is marked:
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/bf2a45bc97cf9ed3cfd3a3de31f46b36/19f403f9d47dbe7f-15/s540x810/1b7f0ef54117c3cd02da5ae8aebff009930cd2cc.png
    I think Gavin is maybe standing a little off the target spot? The game tells me 4 out of 4 are in range, but cannot really "see" him?

Then, after letting time pass and moving Gavin closer, it registered:
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/279c1f4920bb2ead1c6633247abac9d1/19f403f9d47dbe7f-cb/s540x810/4cf8635d5f8cb7f8ba3406bcc9132fe2f4dd20d3.png