Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Close-knit lifestyle

Can someone please explain what the limits are on close knit lifestyles? Have EA still not excluded parents or pets for this?

My sim has a girlfriend, a best friend and is friends with his parents and pet dog, yet lifestyle is at risk?! :'(
  • "Sharonia;c-18112104" wrote:
    "GirafHuntr;c-18111924" wrote:
    I find both this one and "People Person" completely unbalanced. Bienchen has a mod that tunes it way down so it's better, but I still usually delete this lifestyle when it is acquired except in the extremely rare cases that I feel it actually fits the Sim.

Even with the mod most of my sims acquire this lifestyle. Is it something I'm doing maybe?

Do they get out often and engage in conversation, or are they homebodies? If they stick around home with family it can pop up. If they get out regularly and are talkative it shouldn't happen. I have had it, not as an active lifestyle, but have it where it shows that they are in the process of gaining it with sims that stay close to home for too long.
  • "Sharonia;c-18112104" wrote:
    "GirafHuntr;c-18111924" wrote:
    I find both this one and "People Person" completely unbalanced. Bienchen has a mod that tunes it way down so it's better, but I still usually delete this lifestyle when it is acquired except in the extremely rare cases that I feel it actually fits the Sim.

Even with the mod most of my sims acquire this lifestyle. Is it something I'm doing maybe?

Before I had her mod, all my Sims were always getting People Person and I constantly deleted it. It was driving me crazy. With her mod, many of my Sims get the Close Knit one. Not as many as used to get PP, but still a lot. Either way I am always deleting one of them, just slightly less with the mod...
  • @Sharonia if your sims have more than 3 friends, including members of their own households, they will get this lifestyle.
  • What annoys me that even babies apply towards this lifestyle, and it's literally impossible to like not have good relations with a baby.
  • "mightysprite;c-18112241" wrote:
    @Sharonia if your sims have more than 3 friends, including members of their own households, they will get this lifestyle.

I guess that makes sense. Thank you all who replied to my comment.
  • "musteni;c-18111808" wrote:
    I hate the design too. In my opinion there should be a buffer zone, lets say 3-6 friends where your sims would gain no lifestyle. Not sure what the number should be, but it's wrong that your sim can't just be normal.

Completely agree. Having a buffer number of friends in the middle that wouldn't gain either lifestyle I think would be the easiest way to make these 2 lifestyles work a bit better.
  • "GirafHuntr;c-18111924" wrote:

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,081 PostsLatest Activity: 7 hours ago