Forum Discussion

MidnightAura86
New Spectator
7 years ago

Console will not have photography

Sim Guru Duke has confirmed that that game will not be including photography as base game dlc like it has just unlocked with the pc version.

We will not have it at launch. Once PC finishes we can start work on bringing changes across to console. We will bring those updates though]

https://mobile.twitter.com/SimGuruDuke/status/928142954119573504
  • "catloverplayer;c-16154305" wrote:
    "MidnightAura;c-16145416" wrote:
    I’m not surprised photography is now base game. It makes sense when you consider cats and dogs give people the option to simstsgram pet and would be odd to have the ability to take pics of your pets but not your sims if you didn’t have GTW.

It will be in the console before long just not at launch.

That’s what I said in my original post.
  • I haven't touched the Sims in like a month. Them adding Dine out and hopefully soon the photography skill, might get me interested again. Is there a pack or expansion that lets you do photography as a career? Would be even better if we could design a studio and what not
  • "shotbyron;c-16250767" wrote:
    I haven't touched the Sims in like a month. Them adding Dine out and hopefully soon the photography skill, might get me interested again. Is there a pack or expansion that lets you do photography as a career? Would be even better if we could design a studio and what not

The Get to Work expansion adds the photography skill and the photography studio object. Sadly though it’s not a career.
  • > @MidnightAura said:
    > shotbyron wrote: »
    >
    > I haven't touched the Sims in like a month. Them adding Dine out and hopefully soon the photography skill, might get me interested again. Is there a pack or expansion that lets you do photography as a career? Would be even better if we could design a studio and what not
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The Get to Work expansion adds the photography skill and the photography studio object. Sadly though it’s not a career.

I watched some youtube videos on it. Really hope this is added soon. As a professional photographer, nothing I want more in this game ha. I'd love to build a studio, have gallery parties etc

Sigzy_29
    New Spectator
    "Simsfan99111;c-16143790" wrote:
    Im still suprised at the fact they made an ep skill into a basegame skill. How random :smile:

Yes, but the photo studio is still exclusive to GTW. (thankfully)
  • > @MidnightAura said:
    >
    > > @MidnightAura said:
    > > shotbyron wrote: »
    > >
    > > I haven't touched the Sims in like a month. Them adding Dine out and hopefully soon the photography skill, might get me interested again. Is there a pack or expansion that lets you do photography as a career? Would be even better if we could design a studio and what not
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > The Get to Work expansion adds the photography skill and the photography studio object. Sadly though it’s not a career.
    >
    > I watched some youtube videos on it. Really hope this is added soon. As a professional photographer, nothing I want more in this game ha. I'd love to build a studio, have gallery parties etc
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well don't get me wrong, the option to take pictures on cell phones has been added to the pc base game and Sim guru Duke has said the console will get it eventually? Maybe once the pc has finished?
    >
    > I do like the photography skill on the pc version.

Yeah I'm annoyed at the fact console users can't even do cell phone pictures. Hopefully soon

• "shotbyron;c-16252902" wrote:
    > @MidnightAura said:
    >
    > > @MidnightAura said:
    > > shotbyron wrote: »
    > >
    > > I haven't touched the Sims in like a month. Them adding Dine out and hopefully soon the photography skill, might get me interested again. Is there a pack or expansion that lets you do photography as a career? Would be even better if we could design a studio and what not
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > The Get to Work expansion adds the photography skill and the photography studio object. Sadly though it’s not a career.
    >
    > I watched some youtube videos on it. Really hope this is added soon. As a professional photographer, nothing I want more in this game ha. I'd love to build a studio, have gallery parties etc
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well don't get me wrong, the option to take pictures on cell phones has been added to the pc base game and Sim guru Duke has said the console will get it eventually? Maybe once the pc has finished?
    >
    > I do like the photography skill on the pc version.

Yeah I'm annoyed at the fact console users can't even do cell phone pictures. Hopefully soon

Hopefully in the January Console Update.
  • "icchigo13;c-16259956" wrote:
    How do you open the taking photo option on the ps4? It keeps randomly open the camera to take a photo and it won't let me close it all the time it just gety stuck in camera mode and impose hours of game play. Please help me

There isn't one as far as I know as we don't yet have the photography skill. If you've seen one then I don't know.
  • "icchigo13;c-16259956" wrote:
    How do you open the taking photo option on the ps4? It keeps randomly open the camera to take a photo and it won't let me close it all the time it just gety stuck in camera mode and impose hours of game play. Please help me

The share button allows you to return back to the game.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,097 PostsLatest Activity: 11 minutes ago