Forum Discussion

Sthenastia
New Spectator
4 years ago

Content from DLCs in the basegame

Maybe I'm weird but I think that currently we have too much items and things from the packs in the basegame but DLCs have still the same price and no new content to replace taken one.

For example we have just a few wooden floors in the basegame. To implement more wooden patterns, EA could just add more swatches for existing floors but not, they reimplement a floor from Spa Day into the basegame.

To be honest I feel that it is unfair for me as for a customer. I paid for something (DLC) and now, my product has less content then in a day I bought it, because someone moved some things to the base game and I have no other items/improvements instead.
  • "Ellupelluellu;c-17929065" wrote:
    "Felicity;c-17928990" wrote:
    But in Sims 2 and 3, you could ice skate on the ponds if it was cold enough in winter.

Sorry, I have to correct, not in TS2. TS2 has ice skating and rollerskating rinks.

Sims 3 also had ice rinks. But according to the wiki, in Sims 2, when a pond froze over, you could ice skate on it. Wiki could be wrong and I could be misremembering though. In Sims 3, it was my favorite part of winter.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Pond
  • "Felicity;c-17929086" wrote:
    "Ellupelluellu;c-17929065" wrote:
    "Felicity;c-17928990" wrote:
    But in Sims 2 and 3, you could ice skate on the ponds if it was cold enough in winter.

Sorry, I have to correct, not in TS2. TS2 has ice skating and rollerskating rinks.

Sims 3 also had ice rinks. But according to the wiki, in Sims 2, when a pond froze over, you could ice skate on it. Wiki could be wrong and I could be misremembering though. In Sims 3, it was my favorite part of winter.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Pond

Yes there is a tiny mistake there in wiki :) TS2 ponds do freeze, sure, but no skating. Ironically the ice texture looks like someone have been skating in there :) There is CC ice skating rinks tho, made to look like ponds :)
    (only if new mod has been made for it in past like 6 months, that I would not know, as I have not added anything to my UC game in past half a year or so)
    g01denswan
    Rising Spectator
    "Sthenastia;c-17928584" wrote:
    I noticed on Twitter that in the new patch we will get male haistyle fom Discover Univesity in the basegame :/

Are there pictures of both somewhere?
    g01denswan
    Rising Spectator
    "LeGardePourpre;c-17929876" wrote:
    "elelunicy;c-17929060" wrote:
    "@Sthenastia;c-17926488" wrote:
    This is what I found some days ago:

"Basegame" wooden floor:

https://i.ibb.co/1qW6Vhf/spaday1.png

Wall panels from Spa Day:

https://i.ibb.co/gy9hNNx/spaday2.png

It was obviously same set, but currently this floor panels are in the base game.

What are you talking about. That floor was never part of Spa Day. Just because something looks like a set to you doesn't mean anything.

This case is similar to the Basketball outfit

The jersey is in EP03 City Living and the shorts was in GP05 Parenthood but became a basegame content.

"LeGardePourpre;c-15801851" wrote:
    Did you know it ?

GP05 Parenthood brought the shorts for the basketball jersey from EP03 City Living.

Are the base game shorts identical to the Parenthood shorts? Or are the colour swatches different?

Adding matching items in a different pack is annoying because they are more difficult to find, but I’m glad they are added at all.

I’m still hoping they will add matching cabinets to the Island Living and Snowy Escape counters as they are my favourite. And I don’t care if they are added to the base game for everyone.
  • "LeGardePourpre;c-17930035" wrote:
    "g01denswan;c-17930030" wrote:
    "LeGardePourpre;c-17929876" wrote:
    "elelunicy;c-17929060" wrote:
    "@Sthenastia;c-17926488" wrote:
    This is what I found some days ago:

"Basegame" wooden floor:

https://i.ibb.co/1qW6Vhf/spaday1.png

Wall panels from Spa Day:

https://i.ibb.co/gy9hNNx/spaday2.png

It was obviously same set, but currently this floor panels are in the base game.

What are you talking about. That floor was never part of Spa Day. Just because something looks like a set to you doesn't mean anything.

This case is similar to the Basketball outfit

The jersey is in EP03 City Living and the shorts was in GP05 Parenthood but became a basegame content.

"LeGardePourpre;c-15801851" wrote:
    Did you know it ?

GP05 Parenthood brought the shorts for the basketball jersey from EP03 City Living.

Are the base game shorts identical to the Parenthood shorts? Or are the colour swatches different?

I checked the game files, it's 3 additional color swatches (Scarlet, Purple and Teal).
    It's a source of confusion because the filter finds these shorts in basegame content but the basketball colors are game pack content.

Yes, and most clothes that were “transfered” into base game work like that. For example, the beanie hat (originally from GTW) is tagged as basegame now. But only first three swatches are basegame, others are still GTW — and it creates confusion when simmers upload their sims to the gallery and can't understand what GTW clothes they have used. The same with Get Famous blouse and jacket, etc.
  • @Nikkih the hot tub thing didn't bother me, because in TS3 they released hot tubs in one pack and then in future packs they released different variations of hot tubs. I was stunned when they didn't do that in TS4. Kinda awful that there is a limitation in the style of hot tubs.

Also I was one of those people who refused to purchase a pack for a hot tub and was glad they gifted us the hot tub.

BTW for a game that is not a subscription game we should be grateful they do give us things free. Granted many things should've been base game as it was in the past, but over all, they can do whatever they want. Give freebies or not. Giving freebies keeps people engaged in the game and interested when new packs come out. Some may even purchase the pack after playing with freebies
    g01denswan
    Rising Spectator
    "Atreya33;c-17932945" wrote:
    "g01denswan;c-17932914" wrote:
    "Nikkih;c-17932761" wrote:
    "troshalom;c-17932695" wrote:
    @Nikkih the hot tub thing didn't bother me, because in TS3 they released hot tubs in one pack and then in future packs they released different variations of hot tubs. I was stunned when they didn't do that in TS4. Kinda awful that there is a limitation in the style of hot tubs.

Also I was one of those people who refused to purchase a pack for a hot tub and was glad they gifted us the hot tub.

BTW for a game that is not a subscription game we should be grateful they do give us things free. Granted many things should've been base game as it was in the past, but over all, they can do whatever they want. Give freebies or not. Giving freebies keeps people engaged in the game and interested when new packs come out. Some may even purchase the pack after playing with freebies

Why should I be grateful getting something for free which I already bought ?, in the sims 3 hot tubs were never the main feature of a pack never in the sims 4 it is, that's like making washing machines & dryers for free, people actually bought this pack to get it then we get it free, if I'm being honest that would be a kick in the teeth, the people that didn't buy the pack of course would be happy and not bother @troshalom

I bought Laundry Day and would be really happy if washers and dryers were added to the base game. I would love to get some new meshes or even just colour swatches. Even better if I can create laundromats.

Why would logical people who bought the pack be upset when the people who didn’t buy the pack still won’t have the meshes/colour swatches from the pack? I can understand being angry if identical washers and dryers were suddenly added to the base game, but I doubt they would do that.

I don't mind if small parts of packs are patched into the base game. Get to work still has plenty of content left after photography was added to the base game like the retail system and the active careers. Seasons will still have weather and holidays to make the pack worth it after the calendar becomes base game. But also smaller packs: toddler stuff still has the play dates after a hair was added to the base game. But what does perfect patio left now that hot tubs are base game? Absolutely nothing, just a few meshes/recolours of base game features. It's main selling point is gone. As someone who buys packs, even stuff packs for new content, I feel cheated. I bought the pack for hot tubs. If I had known it was nothing more than early access to hot tubs, I wouldn't have bought it.

Take your example for washers and dryers added to the base game. Should they be functional for people who don't have laundry day or only decorative? If they are functional for everyone than all the game play of laundry day would be base game and laundry day would add nothing to the game you can't do without the pack. New washers and dryers would be nice, but not if they make the original pack an empty box with 100% base game functionality.

Perfect Patio still has all the other content. I didn’t buy it for the hot tubs, and EA never said that hot tubs were exclusive to the pack anyway. If simmers concluded that they were exclusive to the pack, perhaps they should examine why they reached that conclusion.

As for adding functional washers and dryers to the base game, the other content, including the wash tub and clothes line, would still only be available in Laundry Day.

I don’t understand why some people are so bothered that others also get to enjoy similar content.
  • I hear y'all. BTW I love laundry day and I would love some new machine styles too. Don't care if they throw it to base game or in another pack, actually base game would mean I wouldn't have to shell out extra money. I've had the pack for about 2+ years, I got my $5 worth. So I won't be bent out of shape if washing machines became free for all so that I could get some new styles of washing machines.

I just think it is bizarre for folks who purchased the game and packs and then EXPECT EA to give them freebies all the time. So Yeah, be grateful.
    Folks tickle me who think companies should have their employees work to provide them with free stuff.
    https://www.sims4-cheats.com/images/20181217/images/free%20play.jpg

totally unrelated image

Yeah I get it, when things were in base game in previous releases and it is not in base game in TS4 - you feel a tad cheated. But TS4 is a different game. When you accept the game on its own merits and stop comparing it to previous released games, you enjoy it more.
    #NuffSaid
    SilentK008
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I am glad that the calendar is going basegame. Then it will hopefully become more useful with more content added to it.

If I have understood it correctly only those who own Seasons can make their own events or holidays. So there are still features from the calendar that will remain exclusive.
  • I've noticed that this hairstyle is in the base game:

https://simsvip.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/EXWsa2ZUYAAM0Y2.jpg

Is it a bug or is it true?