Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Cool things I love in Sims 4

I like the fact that the cooking options are cook for one, family or party portions. There are many other things but that is what came to mind. Of course, because it is food related. LOL !! I also love that my games loads so much faster than TS3. So far, I have not experienced any problems or lags while playing.

What do you like most about TS4?
  • The game's art style is just beautiful. Sometimes I find myself just getting lost in how the game looks.

The multitasking. It makes so many interactions more realistic.

The fact that your sims can socialize with a whole group of sims at once. It makes things so fun and realistic. I love seeing my sims invite their friends over and they'll just spend hours sitting around the kitchen table having drinks and chatting with each other. It's just like real life.

How smooth the game runs. I don't mind the loading screens and the semi-open world because it makes the game run so much better.
  • Let's see the ones off the top of my head:

Art Style - nearly everyone who loves the game says this ;). I'll add to this though something not everyone likes- backdrops. It gives me vivid and inspiring scenery right there and all around. I love the total look.
    Multitasking - They seem alive and engaged to me, a dinner party is just that to me... a time to talk to eat and go dance ect while being engaged. Multitasking pulls it all together for me.
    Not as heavily needs based - in the past games for me it was about getting things done and running against the clock. Now for me I can settle into story mode much easier.
    Skilling is fun - it's engaging, you don't even have to crack a book. It's game-play and it varies enough to continue to engage me.
    Aspiration switch- huge for me. I didn't even know we could do it until months into the game but it's easy to get reward points or change their stories if you make use of it.
    The Gallery- just a game changer. I could write an essay on how this has made my game better, given me more choices, made things easier ect..
    Mods/cheats not needed for me. I'm not saying I never use them by the way I just don't depend on them.

I could keep going.. but I'll stop here for today ;).

• For me its the multitasking during sim play,build mode and the gallery, dont get me wrong i do miss some things about the Sims 3 like the Create a Style, some of the moodlets (beautiful vista when you built a really nice house) and being able to swim in the sea/open world but that was rather buggy and to fair i can live with out it. Sims 4 is far better but i do hope that we do get weather and a take on university or something for teens to do i feel like they're missing out on something
  • "Hermitgirl;c-16477142" wrote:
    Let's see the ones off the top of my head:

Art Style - nearly everyone who loves the game says this ;). I'll add to this though something not everyone likes- backdrops. It gives me vivid and inspiring scenery right there and all around. I love the total look.
    Multitasking - They seem alive and engaged to me, a dinner party is just that to me... a time to talk to eat and go dance ect while being engaged. Multitasking pulls it all together for me.
    Not as heavily needs based - in the past games for me it was about getting things done and running against the clock. Now for me I can settle into story mode much easier.
    Skilling is fun - it's engaging, you don't even have to crack a book. It's game-play and it varies enough to continue to engage me.
    Aspiration switch- huge for me. I didn't even know we could do it until months into the game but it's easy to get reward points or change their stories if you make use of it.
    The Gallery- just a game changer. I could write an essay on how this has made my game better, given me more choices, made things easier ect..
    Mods/cheats not needed for me. I'm not saying I never use them by the way I just don't depend on them.

I could keep going.. but I'll stop here for today ;).

You are so right; the gallery is a game changer; I love it. I agree with all of your comments.