Forum Discussion

Ulf-Gunnel
New Spectator
4 years ago

Cottage Living Plant Milk

Hi simmers and developers!

This is primarily for you developers for Cottage Living EP. Thanks for your work with the new expansion, it’s looks amazing, cuteness overload. I’m very excited for it! :)

I’ve watched a lot of early access on youtube and read on this forum about the new pack and one thing that I reacted on was the option to make plant milk. But the plant milk is still made from the cow.

It’s no problem that you have animal products in the game (meat, milk, eggs). The problem is that you don’t present plant milk as a legitimate choice. (You don't need cows to drink milk). Vegans don’t eat anything that comes from animals. It’s about not exploiting animals. There are also an environmental aspect to this. It's not very 2021 that the only source for milk is the cow (even the plant milk...).

Can you please put a real plant milk option (made from plants) in the game? And rename the cow Plant milk?
IRL plant milk can be made from soybeans, peas, oats, rice, potatoes, almonds or other nuts. We already have a few of these plants in the game.

Best regards//
Carpe_diem

Quick Fix solution
1. Rename the Plant milk from cow to Lactose free milk
2. Add plant milk: Re-use the animation from cooking + pouring up animation from canning
Pour it into a milk bottle with label (soybean for soy milk ASO) instead of a canning jar. This can be added to the cooking skill.

Green pea (seasons) – Pea milk
Soybeans (Eco) – Soy milk
Potatoes (BG) – Potato milk
Coconut (?) – Coconut milk
Cow plant – Vegetable cow milk
Rice (we have a couple of rice dishes, how to make these if living of the land?) – Rice milk
Oat (we have oatmeal in the game) - Oat milk

3. Plant milks needs to be added to the grocery delivery service.

4. Lactose free recipes can be made with lactose free milk OR one optional plant milk.

@SimGuruFrost @SimGuruRomeo @SimGuruPopcorn @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruVoid @SimGuruMorgan @GrimSuruDoi