Forum Discussion

Behappy1st
New Spectator
12 months ago

Cowplant Help

My sim was eaten by the compliant and now he is terrified how do I make it better so he can feed it again?
  • Not 100% certain, but I think that moodlet will only show up for the first 24 hours after your Sim was eaten and spit out. So if you stash the cowplant in your household inventory until that time passes, it should be okay.

Alternatively, just move a random Sim into your household to take care of the cowplant for a little while until your Terrified Sim comes to grips with their fears. (I don't think hiring a gardener will do the job.)

If your Sim is still getting terrified around the plant, you can give them the reward trait Brave. It costs 8000 satisfaction points, but you can cheat that with give_satisfaction_points 8000, no mods needed.
  • It might be similar to the fear of fire. After they are burnt, sims will have fear of fire and the fear goes away if they manage to extinguish a fire. I think if you click on the fear icon it will have some description of the fear and how to cure it. I found this on Google, not sure if this is something you tried.

Fear of Cowplant
    If a Sim gets swallowed and then spat out, they develop an intense fear of Cowplants. To get over this fear, let the Sim successfully Milk a Cowplant, while being Confident.

Maybe they need to be extra confident for this to work.

• @Behappy1st if you're on pc & don't mind mods you could always download Weerbesu's UI Cheats Extension mod. Then you could just right click on the Terrified icon & it will go away. If the terrified moodlet icon isn't the one showing you would need to click on any of the thin lines to show all moodlet icons then right click on the terrified one. This is one of my "must have" mods as it's great for cheating needs & such.
  • "Starfree;c-18312414" wrote:
    @Behappy1st if you're on pc & don't mind mods you could always download Weerbesu's UI Cheats Extension mod. Then you could just right click on the Terrified icon & it will go away. If the terrified moodlet icon isn't the one showing you would need to click on any of the thin lines to show all moodlet icons then right click on the terrified one. This is one of my "must have" mods as it's great for cheating needs & such.

I'm not good with computers so I don't use mods. I would be clueless on how to fix it etc. But I still need to know how to fix the Cowplant sim without mods. Somebody help me PLEASE !!!! I've tried while he was very confidant but it won't let me do anything but eat the cake again.
  • "katrinasforest;c-18312428" wrote:
    Not 100% certain, but I think that moodlet will only show up for the first 24 hours after your Sim was eaten and spit out. So if you stash the cowplant in your household inventory until that time passes, it should be okay.

Alternatively, just move a random Sim into your household to take care of the cowplant for a little while until your Terrified Sim comes to grips with their fears. (I don't think hiring a gardener will do the job.)

If your Sim is still getting terrified around the plant, you can give them the reward trait Brave. It costs 8000 satisfaction points, but you can cheat that with give_satisfaction_points 8000, no mods needed.

It's been 5 days and he won't do anything. There is another sim in the house but at this point he's useless. I'm going to try your cheat, I'm not very good at it so hopefully it will work.
  • "Behappy1st;c-18312456" wrote:
    "katrinasforest;c-18312428" wrote:
    Not 100% certain, but I think that moodlet will only show up for the first 24 hours after your Sim was eaten and spit out. So if you stash the cowplant in your household inventory until that time passes, it should be okay.

It's been 5 days and he won't do anything. There is another sim in the house but at this point he's useless. I'm going to try your cheat, I'm not very good at it so hopefully it will work.

I tried the cheat the way you had it and it didn't work, what did I do wrong? Tell me every step exactly I'm hopeless on a computer.
  • There's a potion called "Moodlet solver" or similar in the reward points store. It should remove negative moodlets, but I'm not sure if that includes terrified, since the fear emotion was added only later.

Alternately isn't there also a potion that removes a fear?
  • "crocobaura;c-18312461" wrote:
    It might be similar to the fear of fire. After they are burnt, sims will have fear of fire and the fear goes away if they manage to extinguish a fire. I think if you click on the fear icon it will have some description of the fear and how to cure it. I found this on Google, not sure if this is something you tried.

Fear of Cowplant
    If a Sim gets swallowed and then spat out, they develop an intense fear of Cowplants. To get over this fear, let the Sim successfully Milk a Cowplant, while being Confident.

Maybe they need to be extra confident for this to work.

He was very confident.
  • OMG! Are you kidding me? After a week he could garden again. BUT, his wife who is the Botanist turned around and ate the cake not 3 minutes later and now she is terrified and won't do any gardening. But that's not the end of it, hubby decided to go ahead and eat the cake again. Now I have 2 sims that won't do any gardening for a week if its the same as last time. So now every day I go into build mode and put all harvestable plants in inventory so they drop their crop, then I put the plants back and sell all the harvestable from inventory. I hired a gardener to take care of them until they're ok. But sometimes they need watering or weeding when the gardeners not there, like weekends etc. So I put those in inventory until he comes back so they won't die. I put the cow plant in inventory so it don't die. I'm playing 1st generation of sims in bloom and she's supposed to be a gardener. And so far I'm still on the first cow plant. Sometimes I don't believe this game. But I love it.