Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Curved walls are hard work!

I mean I figured they would be abit glitchy to put together much like the curved fences so I was expecting problems with platforms and joining walls but wow....they are so much more of a struggle then I imagined!

Even putting wallpaper on them had to be done piece by piece as rooms inside my round house werent registering. Then the problems of placing furniture or wall art, as half the time you have to try and place everything with the walls down because otherwise the item just doesnt show up.

*sigh* curved walls are def problematic....
    ck213
    Seasoned Scout
    I will probably just use curved walls for this series of homes and maybe a Victorian turret.
    I don't plan to do anything elaborate with them.

My main issue is the janky effects they have on ceilings.

• starting to learn how to use them but they are indeed rather glitchy and frustrating so I'll probably only use them in special builds and don't make it my business to round out my existing octagonals that could have been round
  • > @CK213 said:
    > I will probably just use curved walls for this series of homes and maybe a Victorian turret.
    > I don't plan to do anything elaborate with them.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > My main issue is the janky effects they have on ceilings.

Very nice!
  • I tried building a quarter room and found roof placement very tricky (but I am never very good with roofs anyway). Have to be careful with room closure too. At some point a corridor I made that connects to the quarter room were not recognised by the game as a room.
    But I would say curved wall is still a nice addition.
    I do find the choices of doors and windows applicable to curved walls quite limited though.

> @mightysprite said:
    > straight walls fit best if they are in the places that cut the circle in half or quarters.

I am somewhat disappointed by this. I tried bisecting the quarter room but found out the game does not allow it.

• Remember, the game thinks they are straight or diagonal walls even though they looked curved. :wink:
    SEREFRAS
    Seasoned Veteran
    It's not so bad. Just have to make sure to have some internal straight walls on the inside. I've made 3 circle homes so far. I only play vanilla & I'm not the best build at all, but I've always had an eye when it came to shapes & designs. :p
  • Yeah, after playing around with curved walls, I really have to remind myself that it's not "curved walls" but "curved ROOMS".
    Just sticking a curved dividing wall to chop a room in half is way more fiddly than I expected. I'm hoping that with time the ceiling glitches can be ironed out, and the ability to use the convex side of the wall to make S-shaped structures might be less problematic.

• Spiral staircases
    • Quarter circle roofs

Yes please.

What would be good is a tool that converts a diagonal wall section to a curve. You just click on it, click the wall section and then choose the side you want to have the main wall arc pass through. In effect you would be choosing if the curve looks like a lower case R or J. Make it work on three, four or five tile long wall sections.

I have found that @KateEmerald's recent videos on YouTube about curved structures are really informative. Her curved mansion is jaw-droppingly good.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,116 PostsLatest Activity: 48 minutes ago