Forum Discussion

GalacticGal
Seasoned Ace
3 hours ago

Host Showed UP, Acted Like a Fanboy!

Ever since the L&D patch, I haven't had a Host show up for the Starlight Accolades Show. This is bad news. Many thanks to the two Simmers who made suggestions on what worked in their games.  I tried both suggestion. Since I already had two microphones, I went in and removed one and put another one in its place. I also decided to replace the front door, which was the original suggestion.

Well, I had a Host show up. a Lawrence Schmidt. He said something into the microphone initially, but no award was handed out.  He stepped aside to go all nuts over Erik Cantrell, Rock Star. Face/palm.  While he was going nuts, other celebrity Sims decided to stage a sit-in.  Thorne Bailey, and Dirk Dreamer, at first. On the opposite side of the stage, Dustin Broke, Bryanti Cho and one I didn't recognize took seats on the stage, too. Am I in a waking nightmare?

I've run out of time today to go back and replay it. Yes, I exited without saving. Sadly, all the saves I made up to this point, didn't stick. I'm back to the beginning of Sunday. Oh, well. at least it's progress, right?

• That is honestly annoying :( I'm sorry it doesn't work for you. 
    My sim just won an award for writing a non-fiction book about her alien abduction encounters, and the host did her thing and all worked fine, but my save is new, started it after the patch (got bored of my other save) 

This might be a long shot, and a tedious one too, but what if you were to save all your builds and households to your library. Start a new save and place them all down where they originally were, and try again? Maybe it's the save that is botched since it was pre patch started?

• I am so sorry that you are having these issues 🙁 I do hope that next time you play the game it may work out better.