Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Dating made easier ??

So since the new gender updates and search and I’m having a hard time finding people who like my sim girl I wish there was an easier way to date in the cities now maybe like online dating or I know sims usually call to ask you out, but that has not happen at all.
  • I could have sworn High School Years added some sort of dating app but I obviously didn't play the pack enough so I'm not sure where I got that from... (no I don't have any mods like this). Just checked in-game and I'm not really finding anything like it so yeah don't mind me. heh

You could start a singles club with Get Together. Make the club member requirement Marital Status : Not Married. If it were my game I would choose any fitting lot like a bar and add the Romantic Aura lot trait. Set this lot as the Club Hangout. All kinds of Club Activity options to make it really spicy. >:) Now I might have to do this. I could see things getting out of hand fast and that's ok. A little chaos is always entertaining.
  • "SimplyJen;c-18207227" wrote:
    I could have sworn High School Years added some sort of dating app but I obviously didn't play the pack enough so I'm not sure where I got that from... (no I don't have any mods like this). Just checked in-game and I'm not really finding anything like it so yeah don't mind me. heh

Actually, I don't think you're wrong. The Social Bunny app has a flirt reaction and I know for sure that every now and then my Sims gains relationship randomly with someone they know and also are added as contact on the app.

I didn't try the flirt reaction yet to see its effects but really seems like a new option to add drama with other households.

• You know, there was online dating in sims3, with the ability to look at others' profiles and message them if you want, edit your own profile, check for messages and answer them, and message others.

I wonder why they don't have that in sims 4?

Seem Ike such an obvious thing to include.
  • Don't forget that for sims who are "exploring romantically", their orientation is flexible and changes over time with their experiences. If your sim flirts with them successfully a few times their orientation will shift in her direction, even if originally they didn't have a romantic preference for girls.
    SheriSim
    Rising Adventurer
    "babytes;d-1005058" wrote:
    So since the new gender updates and search and I’m having a hard time finding people who like my sim girl I wish there was an easier way to date in the cities now maybe like online dating or I know sims usually call to ask you out, but that has not happen at all.

That would be nice. At least you can go into unplayed households and change the other sims preference if you want to.
  • Go into CAS and create the Sim you wish your Sim to date. Put them into the neighborhood and have each of them get on Simstagram or one of the other social medias available. Find a way for them to 'bump' into each other. No, it's not easy. It's never easy until you've restarted the very same save so many times that when the two finally bump into each other at a venue, they fall hopelessly in love on sight. LOL (Yeah, that's how it's happened for the latest three iterations of my same Sims.) Best of luck and hang in there.