Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Del Sol Valley

Not gonna lie but for a full on Expansion Pack, I was hoping that Del Sol Valley would have at least 4 sub neighborhoods and a few more lots.

There isn’t really much to do in the neighborhood because it’s so small. I was a bit disappointed.

Also we didn’t get any free builds in this EP either.
  • Of all the worlds I have, and I think I have all except the vampire world, I think Del Sol Valley is the ugliest. It just feels like a real gritty grimy city and not the fantasy worlds I like. But that may have been the look they/EA were going for.

I personally think the views from The Pinnacles are disappointing, especially when you consider the LA area and the wealthy enclaves like Malibu, Calabasas etc where folks have these gorgeous views either over the ocean or the hills.

I agree with another poster, that the Mirage Park area could've consisted of smaller lots. However, they may have made the lots large so folks can drop their own builds with sets, which require a larger footprint to use.

I think the missed opportunity is the beach area. That whole stretch where the ocean is on the map should've had at least one luxury home lot, a commercial lot and maybe a homeless enclave if we want to go for the realism that is LA.

I have searched far and wide and did not find any fishing spots. Did I miss it? If there are no fishing holes then that is a huge miss. Also the park - Ward Park - is really sad. It is surrounded by all of these celebrity enclaves but looks like a park no celebrity would ever visit.

So perhaps I missed the gurus focus on this world. Just having viewed this world with respect to the other worlds released and it is just not as pretty as the other worlds.

As for the new game play added with this pack, I am just starting to explore it. None of my sims are full fledged celebrities so I don't know how invasive the paparazzi are or how frustrating fans are to game play, but so far it seems like a vast improvement to the TS3 celebrity system. I especially am enjoying the video creation console.

It seems like there were two teams at EA who worked on EPs: 1. coding new game play 2. creating a beautiful world. And it looks like the second team was down sized -- but I don't know for sure, just speculation.

I will say this StrangerVille as a world is just beautiful. The houses and commercial lots they put down were disappointing. However, the redacted lab is just marvelous. Some have said in StrangerVille the homes were intentionally sparse to tie into the story line, however, I wish EA then had included some busted out walls, strewn furniture, tarps over furniture, etc in the homes to display that it is a town in serious decline. That one busted up motel sims can walk around marvelously displays that, just wish they would've carried it through to the homes to help convey the story/intent better.

So over all, I am liking the game play from Get Famous, but not a fan of the world. Perhaps, they spent more time on the lots that change with the acting career, which I haven't explored yet. Not sure how many lots are used to create the sound stage(s)
  • I agree. The lots are way too large. I would have been much happier with smaller ones and more of them.
  • "Drakos;c-16998230" wrote:
    I actually like the lot sizes in Mirage park, there just arent enough of them. Having a bit of land around the house is a nice change. The game has plenty of small starter lots in the other worlds. That the world is missing at least a dozen more lots is a massive dissappointment.

I'm thinking of making the Mirage Park lots into community lots, at least 1 or 2 of them. So the size is a good thing. With so many packs adding community lot categories, there are too few community lots. Del Sol Valley should have both restaurants, retail and nightclub.