Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Del Sol Valley is TOO Small

I want to start off by saying that I really love Get Famous as an expansion pack. It's the 2nd best EP of The Sims 4 and in general content release for this series, the best-done implementation of the fame system throughout the Sims series titles, and opened so much possibility in what you can do with your Sims. That's all great—the potential for it is HUGE!

For me, the only notable thing wrong with it is Del Sol Valley being too SMALL. It's a great world design, but it is TINY!

We have a small residential neighborhood with only 3 lots and in general represents a lower income/starter home neighborhood.

Then we have a mega-mega-megarich neighborhood with also only 3 lots and represents the insane wealth where your Sims are embarrassed to live there if they aren't famous enough.

...and no in between, unless you start bulldozing the few community lots on Starlight Boulevard as I have done. I've replaced two lots with apartment buildings because houses don't make sense in such a commercialized area, but apartments can sorta work. But it's still not really enough.

If the expansion pack is all about the road to fame, why is there only a start-point and an end-point and NO middle-ground?

Again, the expansion pack is GREAT overall, so this may seem like a small note, but it's a big issue. I've run out of lots for my Sims to live in this neighborhood very quickly.

They can say that it needed to be small in order to include all the features or have issues with performance, but I don't fully buy that and I don't really accept that on principle. I'd much rather have a world that feels complete than one that is lacking just because some PCs may not be able to handle it—that's a technical issue that shouldn't unnecessarily limit the fun of the game. I'd rather have a feature where PCs that cannot handle the game can TURN OFF either worlds or neighborhoods from accessibility manually rather than have a release with limitations imposed for machines that might not be applicable for most players.

Something feels off with that excuse and as a result, the limitation of a small world leaves a bad mark on an otherwise near-perfect expansion.