Forum Discussion

Armika74
Seasoned Vanguard
10 months ago

Dishes in inventory

How do I stop my sims from putting dishes in their inventory? They have a perfectly fine kitchensink :(
  • I find dishes in inventory most often happens when you bring up a loading screen while sims are eating. Especially if you then travel with them. It's almost like they say "whoops, gotta go. Going to save this for later."
    Armika74
    Seasoned Vanguard
    "Lenny_Ogg;c-18341158" wrote:

Is the sink routeable? And are these empty plates or with food on them?
    And did you set the kitchen sink as kitchen sink? (That's a new feature)

Both with and without food and the sink is routable and it´s set as a kitchen sink.
    Armika74
    Seasoned Vanguard
    "GalacticGal;c-18341188" wrote:
    "Lenny_Ogg;c-18341186" wrote:
    And does this happen always with all of your sims? They sit at the table, eat and then put the plates in their inventory?

Sure, why not. It's one way to get out of doing the dishes, right. LOL I have a house full of teens! Or at least I did. The twins just aged up, leaving three teens remaining. But I do have to say even Jamison has dirty dishes in his personal inventory. I guess he didn't know where to place them after eating on set and hurrying to the stage to commence the filming. I think they all have an aversion to the dishwasher.

I will buy them a dishwasher and see if it helps :/
  • Do your sims have lazy or slob traits? In my game they've been known to put the pile of dirty dishes on the counter right above the dishwasher. :lol:
  • I have no idea. All you can do is click on them and have them clean-out the spoiled food. I feel your pain. I'm going to bookmark this thread, just in case a solution is to be had.
  • "DaWaterRat;c-18341162" wrote:
    I find dishes in inventory most often happens when you bring up a loading screen while sims are eating. Especially if you then travel with them. It's almost like they say "whoops, gotta go. Going to save this for later."

You make a good point. Or the kids have to hasten off to school just moments after they sit down to eat. :open_mouth:
  • "Lenny_Ogg;c-18341186" wrote:
    And does this happen always with all of your sims? They sit at the table, eat and then put the plates in their inventory?

Sure, why not. It's one way to get out of doing the dishes, right. LOL I have a house full of teens! Or at least I did. The twins just aged up, leaving three teens remaining. But I do have to say even Jamison has dirty dishes in his personal inventory. I guess he didn't know where to place them after eating on set and hurrying to the stage to commence the filming. I think they all have an aversion to the dishwasher.
  • "crocobaura;c-18341226" wrote:
    Do your sims have lazy or slob traits? In my game they've been known to put the pile of dirty dishes on the counter right above the dishwasher. :lol:

None of mine do, if that helps at all. I do have a half-wall behind the sink, in which the kitchen counters are nestled against. I often find either an abandoned cup of something, that's gone rancid, or a pile of plates, cups and all just left there. LOL