Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Do butlers and maids vacuum?

Am I missing something, or can my butler and maid not clean my floors? Seems like a big missed opportunity...
  • It's bugged because the maids and butlers vacuumed just fine in my game prior to that first patch that tuned down some features like the dust accumulation. When I first got the kit the maids and butlers vacuumed.
  • "Reaganbogan;c-17977465" wrote:
    It's bugged because the maids and butlers vacuumed just fine in my game prior to that first patch that tuned down some features like the dust accumulation. When I first got the kit the maids and butlers vacuumed.

Same. My butler will not vacuum anymore after that patch. I had to resort to mods again. I might just disable it. I love it for my poor families and their tiny houses that look cluttered and lived in. I despise it for my rich families with huge spacious homes that have a butler, maid, and personal chef...but has toxic level dusty floors. My rich sims are not cleaning that mess when they pay others to do it!
  • I read somewhere that you need to give/gift them a vacuum. Not sure if they keep it if you fire them.
    janyses
    Seasoned Spectator
    "crocobaura;c-17977464" wrote:
    I read somewhere that you need to give/gift them a vacuum. Not sure if they keep it if you fire them.

This used to work, but it's broken now. They no longer vacuum no matter how many vacuums you give them.
    rlc77
    Seasoned Observer
    I had a glitch when I was playing last night. I have Bust the Dust but have the gameplay turned off in game options. My sim hired a maid and he showed up and started vacuuming the bathroom (there was water on the floor). After that dust bunnies started appearing. Again, I have bust the dust turned off. The maid only vacuumed that one time. I've rotated to a different household without a maid. Curious to see what happens if I hire a maid again.