Forum Discussion

MVWdeZT
Seasoned Rookie
3 years ago

Dressing teens

It's something we all find annoying occasionally -- that it's hard to tell teens from young adults. I'm not one of those people who thinks the solution would be to make Sim teens shorter. That might work for pre-teens, but teenagers are often as tall as or taller than their parents.

One problem is that young adults, adults, and even elders all dress like teenagers. This is true in real life, too, of course. As an elder, I draw the line at ripped jeans and mini-skirts, but I don't dress like Agnes Crumplebottom.

It would really help if we could put together our wardrobes generally. I can control (mostly) what my own Sims wear, but there's no way to make sure elders in the neighborhood don't show up in cropped tops or skin-tight jeans. And there are some outfits that I wouldn't want any Sim to wear ever.

We have male and female markers for clothing. Would it be possible to have teen and adult markers, too? If they were ones that we could apply ourselves, that would be great. I might feel that no teen of mine is going to school with her midriff showing, but another player might be fine with that.
  • I have to agree, there should be markers/tags for lifestages. As for teen height, my niece is 12.5 & is already a bit taller than me in her bare feet. I'm not even 5ft, but she still has some years of growing to do, so I figure she'll end up a lot taller lol. Because of this I don't think teen sims need to be shorter, just dressed as teens ?.
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    So the age filter for clothing and other CAS assets if I understand it correctly. That I agree with.
  • "MVWdeZT;d-1001262" wrote:
    It's something we all find annoying occasionally -- that it's hard to tell teens from young adults. I'm not one of those people who thinks the solution would be to make Sim teens shorter. That might work for pre-teens, but teenagers are often as tall as or taller than their parents.

One problem is that young adults, adults, and even elders all dress like teenagers. This is true in real life, too, of course. As an elder, I draw the line at ripped jeans and mini-skirts, but I don't dress like Agnes Crumplebottom.

It would really help if we could put together our wardrobes generally. I can control (mostly) what my own Sims wear, but there's no way to make sure elders in the neighborhood don't show up in cropped tops or skin-tight jeans. And there are some outfits that I wouldn't want any Sim to wear ever.

We have male and female markers for clothing. Would it be possible to have teen and adult markers, too? If they were ones that we could apply ourselves, that would be great. I might feel that no teen of mine is going to school with her midriff showing, but another player might be fine with that.

So the only way to edit the markers for clothing (as far as I know) is via the Sims4Studio. Its great for selecting which age group and you can toggle it to not be worn by npc/townies.
  • I think clothes are one of the main reasons teens don't feel like teens in this game. If YA and adults can wear the exact same things how can we easily tell them apart? Especially if they're the same height. In my game currently I use the shorter teens mod and edit any teens I see to wear teen appropriate clothes. I wish there was an easier way to do this though.
  • Well, elders and adults have physical characteristics that differentiate them from teens, like grey hair and facial lines, posture, etc. Even if an elder dresses in crop tops, you can tell they are elders. I've noticed that teens, in my game at least, they tend to be very thin and willowy. I haven't played any teens yet, so can't say I've noticed other characteristics. You could probably give them braces as teens usually wear them, but not sure they are very obvious.