Forum Discussion

SuperSillySim
Seasoned Novice
2 years ago

Elevators

Hey Simmers!

I have been trying to place an elevator in my home lot and I can't seem to get it to work?

What am I doing wrong? How do I place one that works?
  • City Living has elevators for penthouses but when placed from debug, they won't function on other lots. If you are a mod user, Ravasheen is a talented modder who has made functional elevators. here: https://ravasheen.com/download/uplifting-elevators/
  • You can save a room to your library with an elevator and then place that room any amount of times needed.

The issue with placing elevators on disallowed lots (or more than one elevator anywhere) is that you cannot return to Live Mode from Build Mode without removing them and you also cannot save in Build Mode. So any lot editing would need to be done via Manage Worlds or you would have to exit without saving from Build Mode.

They work fine as long as you remember that restriction though. Also, sims will spawn in front of ground floor (or possibly basement) elevator instead of in front of the lot, as it becomes the default portal.
  • Elevators are not really elevators, they are just spawn portals for penthouse type lots so sims will use them to enter and leave the lot. As they don't function as elevators, you can only place one on a lot. I think the best way to create elevators, is to just build a room that looks like an elevator on each floor and then use the teleport function to move between the floors.
  • I remember in Sims 2 and Sims 3, when elevators were an additional object we could use on any lot... I don't know why they can't just let us use them as normal objects in Sims 4.
  • "Lustianicia;c-18215878" wrote:
    I remember in Sims 2 and Sims 3, when elevators were an additional object we could use on any lot... I don't know why they can't just let us use them as normal objects in Sims 4.

#FreeTheElevators :D
  • "Simmerville;c-18217702" wrote:
    I don 't think you can even place an elevator on multiple floors of the penthouse. Like it was said, it's designed to be the arrival/spanning point of the residence, nothing more.

I use LittleMsSam Mod for Elevators I am able to have multilevel elevators in my penthouses and apartments with multi-levels. I've never tried to build a penthouse or multi-level apartment/penthouse unmodded.

WEE Working Elevators Everywhere

https://lms-mods.com/
  • @EmmaVane
    "EmmaVane;c-18215823" wrote:

They work fine as long as you remember that restriction though. Also, sims will spawn in front of ground floor (or possibly basement) elevator instead of in front of the lot, as it becomes the default portal.

Do you mean that the elevators can be used to go up and down floors on non-penthouse lots? if placed that way (manage worlds > build mode) ?
  • "mightysprite;c-18215933" wrote:
    @EmmaVane
    "EmmaVane;c-18215823" wrote:

Do you mean that the elevators can be used to go up and down floors on non-penthouse lots? if placed that way (manage worlds > build mode) ?

Yes. You have to do it by placing an elevator room from saved rooms. You don't have catalogue access to them in BB (possibly via debug). Copy-pasting or placing saved rooms (rooms saved to your Library) with elevators also allows additional elevators on Penthouse lots.

You also have to only edit that lot from Manage Worlds in the future. If you try to switch from Live to BB mode, edit and switch back to Live while there are invalid elevators on the lot, you will be unable to switch back or save so would lose any Live progress by having to exit the game. It's easy to forget about while playing.
  • I don 't think you can even place an elevator on multiple floors of the penthouse. Like it was said, it's designed to be the arrival/spanning point of the residence, nothing more.