Forum Discussion

ck213
Seasoned Scout
4 years ago

Faking Curved Walls with the Patch

When the Sims 4 introduce curved decks to the game, I jumped on them to provide curves to my blocky homes.
I created an entire series of homes using this feature on a hybrid of Art Deco and Mid-Century modern.

Unfortunately I could not do much about the angled walls themselves that contrasted sharply with the curved decks.

Until now.
I saw a video by Jame Turner that showed how you could use the new platform feature to make cuved walls.
https://youtu.be/kL10ttvncTM

It's not the best solution and I would never build something like that, but I could see how it could make my homes less blocky and be perfect for my series of homes. I used it to make nice little rounded corners.

There are some issues however.
You cannot make a 1x1 rounded corner. You can only go as small as 2x2.
Also, you cannot place anything against these tall platform. I had to use the moveObjects cheat to place kitchen counters.

I like it however and will be working to get around the limitations to add rounded corners to this house series.

Still... if they can do this, why can't we simply get curved corner walls? :|
  • I think it's probably because there'd be a lot of placement issues, a door wouldn't work on a rounded wall, a window wouldn't either, you couldn't place any other items on the wall as it wouldn't work, etc etc
    ck213
    Seasoned Scout
    "Onverser;c-17727225" wrote:
    I think it's probably because there'd be a lot of placement issues, a door wouldn't work on a rounded wall, a window wouldn't either, you couldn't place any other items on the wall as it wouldn't work, etc etc

"Onverser;c-17727225" wrote:
    I think it's probably because there'd be a lot of placement issues, a door wouldn't work on a rounded wall, a window wouldn't either, you couldn't place any other items on the wall as it wouldn't work, etc etc

I wouldn't expect current door and windows to fit on a curved wall.
    It would probably require a new category of windows and doors with a limited application depending on the wall radius.
    It need not be expansive imo.

I am happy with this though.
    I will probably not use it for any other application than this series of homes.

This house was a test case.

Now I can apply it to the others.
  • Didn't the older Sims let us place curved walls? It looks nice on your build but I don't know if I would use it very often either. Hopefully Maxis sees us trying hard to make curved walls and add it in a new patch or update.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,116 PostsLatest Activity: 3 years ago