Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Fingernail paint

I didn't think nail polish was necessary in the The Sims games, but I was wrong. I like the nails and the nail polish. I've notice the colors don't match anything in the game, but I'm kinda use to that happening in the The Sims 4.
  • "Meltron2;d-998805" wrote:
    I didn't think nail polish was necessary in the The Sims games, but I was wrong. I like the nails and the nail polish. I've notice the colors don't match anything in the game, but I'm kinda use to that happening in the The Sims 4.

What do you usually match your nail polish to? I usually chose a shade of colour that compliments my skin colouring, but otherwise I never try to match it to something.
  • For me personally, I wear lighter neutral-pinkish shades that aren't too bright or clear polish (I have actual long nails in RL, not acrylics), but for special occasions I want to have my nail color match the shade of clothing I'm wearing (such as coral/salmon, baby pink/mauve, red/maroon, etc) I'm wearing. I don't want a purple-pink/fuscia color on my nails if I'm wearing something that is a peachy pink for example.
  • In the game I spend so much time on every other element of an outfit that the nail polish tends to be an after thought. It's usually the last element I do, or fairly close to the last. I usually spend more time and thought on length and shape then I do on color. And then I just copy it across all outfits. I keep telling myself I'm going to pick out shades sort of how @Chicklet453681 describes, but that almost never happens. I tend to lean on reds and pinks and pick the final shade according to whatever feels right.