Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Flirting Not Working HELP

I am *desperately* trying to get two teen sims together before prom. It hasn't been going well. My sim, the girl, tries flirting with the guy, and they both get embarrassed. I've tried several things, but none of them have worked. My latest attempt: cheated to get their friendship level up, also to get both of them Very Flirty. I used THE MOST BASIC "flirt" option and STILL EMBARRASSED! It shouldn't be this hard! Any tips?
  • "fujicakes1;c-18275580" wrote:
    "TangledHeart828;d-1009172" wrote:
    I am *desperately* trying to get two teen sims together before prom. It hasn't been going well. My sim, the girl, tries flirting with the guy, and they both get embarrassed. I've tried several things, but none of them have worked. My latest attempt: cheated to get their friendship level up, also to get both of them Very Flirty. I used THE MOST BASIC "flirt" option and STILL EMBARRASSED! It shouldn't be this hard! Any tips?

Also if the guy character is an npc, you can make his household a played household easily and then give him those traits, I guess? If you wanted to do that. I control npc families sometimes, temporarily. That's probably something that everyone knows lol. I dunno.

I shouldn't have to play the other Sim's household just to get him together with my sim. I've never had to before! That's why I'm wondering if there's a bug, since it's never been this hard before
  • "PlayerSinger2010;c-18275582" wrote:
    If he's an NPC, make sure he doesn't have his romantic interests set to "Men" only.

Already checked, set his interests to both
  • "SelinaKyles;c-18275595" wrote:
    Cause they were already embarrassed, maxing out their romance relationship wouldn’t make any romance options work right away. Wait for the embarrassing moodlets to wear off

I've even cheated to remove the embarrassed moodlets before.
  • "Sarah26Cat;c-18275601" wrote:
    Yes, as PlayerSinger2010 suggests, many NPC Sims are generated with zero romantic interests in either gender. You can use the Cheat codes: testingcheats on

Then use the cheat code: cas.fulleditmode

Next, go up to this sim. Press and hold shift, and click on the sim. A little menu will come up with cheatie options. Click "Edit in CAS." This enables you to edit the sim, as if you were making them fresh. You can see all options, and not just the ones that it lets you if us use a wardrobe to change an outfit. Go to their Gender tag. Click the dots under the symbols, then go to the second page on Sexual Orientation. Make sure it's set to include the gender of your other sim.

This is a glitch and has been up on the EA Answer forums for some time. NPC Sims are just generated favoring no body, and trying to romance them is impossible, whether they say they are exploring romantically or not. It can be frustrating until you learn the cheat fix. The above is meant for PC, but If you play on another machine, look these up. They are standard cheats, and should work on all games.

I've already done this. Still no luck
    EA_Solaire
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

Hey all,

Please utilize Answers HQ for bugs and technical issues. You can post this issue here.