Forum Discussion

GalacticGal
Seasoned Ace
3 years ago

Food Poisoning Compensation Inequality

My Cantrell family went out to dine for the holiday, 'Night On the Town'. Two of the teen boys got food poisoning. Mind you all seven members of the family had the same dish. Aaron managed to call his in first, even though Joey's illness was mentioned first. Joey was intent on finishing his homework. Aaron received §101.00 in compensation. While Joey was paid §126.00. Why? I can hear Aaron whining already. LOL

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this some weird glitch? I have to say I've never had two members in a party struck with food poisoning before. Is this how it works when that happens?

Please, and thank you, in advance.
  • "Catzilla;c-18066110" wrote:
    I haven't had that happen, thank goodness (def too much reality for me). Is this from one of your mods?

Nope, it's baked into the Dine Out pack as something that 'can' happen, no mods required. It's rather uncommon; I can't even recall the last time I had a sim get food poisoning after eating out. I do use mods to make Dine Out and Restaurants work better, though, including one that increases the food quality, so it may also be more uncommon in my game because of that.

The amount of money a sim gets as "hush money" if they call the restaurant is a randomized value, which is why the two sims received different amounts.
  • How did you get the food brought to the table? I would take a bad food moodlet over no food at all. My restaurants are broken.
  • "Elliandre;c-18066125" wrote:
    How did you get the food brought to the table? I would take a bad food moodlet over no food at all. My restaurants are broken.

Couple of things help make restaurants work.

First, always do a "reset" on all the chefs when arriving when you first get to the lot. They get stuck and don't go to the kitchen right away, often.

Also, go to all of your restaurants from manage worlds in build/buy mode and make sure that the decor on the tables is not blocking the slots where food should be served. Even when it "looks" like the space is there, the decor could be blocking it. You want to make sure all tables have all meal and drink slots where there is a chair (or other seating) open, because even if the table your sims are at is fine, tables where randoms/townies are seated can still mess with the servers.

A TON of the centerpiece decor items in the game block either the meal slots or the drink slots, sometimes both, even if placed in the center slot of a table. Shrinking them by one size often makes them work fine though. Using the decor slots which are offset from the center, but not the meal slot, also has a higher chance of blocking food serving slots.

You can buy plates and drinks from "debug" in build/buy, and place them to be sure the slots are open. 80% of the restaurants I have downloaded from the gallery have this issue on at least some tables. You need to make sure bb.moveobjects is off when doing this test. If you can't place the plates and cups in build/buy, then neither can the servers in LIVE mode.

And then lastly, there are mods which fix the main issues with restaurants. I do not know if @GalacticGal uses any of those though. The only one I use is LittleMsSam's mod that makes the chefs cook faster and the ones by Bienchen which makes the meal quality better and her finisheating mod. Neither of which are required for "functional" restaurants, just better ones.
    Carl also has a mod with a ton of restaurant fixes, but I do not use it. My restaurants work just fine with all of the above things covered.
  • I haven't had that happen, thank goodness (def too much reality for me). Is this from one of your mods?
  • @Stormkeep Thank you so much a million times! I will try these. :smile:
  • "Stormkeep;c-18066131" wrote:
    "Elliandre;c-18066125" wrote:
    How did you get the food brought to the table? I would take a bad food moodlet over no food at all. My restaurants are broken.

Couple of things help make restaurants work.

First, always do a "reset" on all the chefs when arriving when you first get to the lot. They get stuck and don't go to the kitchen right away, often.

Also, go to all of your restaurants from manage worlds in build/buy mode and make sure that the decor on the tables is not blocking the slots where food should be served. Even when it "looks" like the space is there, the decor could be blocking it. You want to make sure all tables have all meal and drink slots where there is a chair (or other seating) open, because even if the table your sims are at is fine, tables where randoms/townies are seated can still mess with the servers.

A TON of the centerpiece decor items in the game block either the meal slots or the drink slots, sometimes both, even if placed in the center slot of a table. Shrinking them by one size often makes them work fine though. Using the decor slots which are offset from the center, but not the meal slot, also has a higher chance of blocking food serving slots.

You can buy plates and drinks from "debug" in build/buy, and place them to be sure the slots are open. 80% of the restaurants I have downloaded from the gallery have this issue on at least some tables. You need to make sure bb.moveobjects is off when doing this test. If you can't place the plates and cups in build/buy, then neither can the servers in LIVE mode.

And then lastly, there are mods which fix the main issues with restaurants. I do not know if @GalacticGal uses any of those though. The only one I use is LittleMsSam's mod that makes the chefs cook faster and the ones by Bienchen which makes the meal quality better and her finisheating mod. Neither of which are required for "functional" restaurants, just better ones.
    Carl also has a mod with a ton of restaurant fixes, but I do not use it. My restaurants work just fine with all of the above things covered.

I don't need mods for restaurants. Once EA fixed the other customers from stealing food, I haven't had any problems with them working. Also, for a short time it was taking way too long from the time the Sims order their food until it was delivered. I used the advice of other players and for the restaurants I built myself, or even some of the ones I downloaded from the Gallery, I added at least another professional cooking station. Sometimes, two more, if the kitchen could accommodate it. I also keep any table décor to a minimum, if I use it at all.
  • "Stormkeep;c-18066118" wrote:
    "Catzilla;c-18066110" wrote:
    I haven't had that happen, thank goodness (def too much reality for me). Is this from one of your mods?

Nope, it's baked into the Dine Out pack as something that 'can' happen, no mods required. It's rather uncommon; I can't even recall the last time I had a sim get food poisoning after eating out. I do use mods to make Dine Out and Restaurants work better, though, including one that increases the food quality, so it may also be more uncommon in my game because of that.

The amount of money a sim gets as "hush money" if they call the restaurant is a randomized value, which is why the two sims received different amounts.

I guess I only noticed it because two of my Sims got food poisoning. This was a first for me. LOL Odd that all of them didn't get it, since they all ordered the same meal. :open_mouth:

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,030 PostsLatest Activity: 10 hours ago