Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Friendship Bracelets

How long do friendship bracelets typically last? I feel like my sims have had theirs forever now. Typically I'd be fine with them staying on indefinitely but my sims are about to get married and I feel like the bracelets look a tiny bit tacky and I want to take photos I'll hang up in their home. Does anyone know a cheat to remove them? Thanks :)

https://i.imgur.com/GwuSAJC.jpg
  • My sims bracelet is in their inventory(they’re wearing it), it has an option to destroy. Says you can either wait for it to fall off or you can simply destroy it. Check the sims inventory.
  • This probably wouldn't be ideal for an engaged couple.

If you really don’t want the bracelet anymore, you can go to the Sim you exchanged bracelets with and demand your Sims 4 friendship bracelet back. This is a Mean interaction, under the Malicious sub-category. This interaction removes the friendship bracelet from both Sims but it also damages the relationship and causes a Hurt sentiment. Also, this interaction destroys both bracelets in the inventory so they can’t be exchanged with someone else.

https://simscommunity.info/2023/05/16/the-sims-4-friendship-bracelets/
  • @simgirl1010 Thanks, I appreciate that advice! I did see that while I was googling the topic but was hoping to find a nicer way haha

@SelinaKyles unfortunately I think that only works if they aren't wearing it, as this message shows up when I hover in the inventory.
    https://i.imgur.com/Qse0viP.png

At this point I just might embrace it and let them keep them and view it as a cute little sentimental thing for their photos :)
  • It's a hidden trait, as I had one get stuck on my sim. Destroy wasn't working, so I cleared out her inventory and it was still there. It was listed as "trait_Hidden_FriendshipBracelet_4" per the MCCC log I pulled on her. Using the cheat traits.remove_trait trait_Hidden_FriendshipBracelet_4, I got rid of it. I don't know what numbers each color has, but you could maybe try a few out or, if you have MCCC, pull the number yourself and remove it.
  • @HavenRose thanks! I tried to find it in the buff list using mccc to see if I could remove it that way but couldn’t find it. If they don’t come off soon I’ll try removing the trait, thanks!
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    Friendship bracelet traits, yes...

Here's the trait for each bracelet:
    • trait_Hidden_FriendshipBracelet_1 - Repeating pink hearts
    • trait_Hidden_FriendshipBracelet_2 - Pastel orange, blue, and white diagonal stripes
    • trait_Hidden_FriendshipBracelet_3 - Gray, blue, and white diamond pattern
    • trait_Hidden_FriendshipBracelet_4 - Rainbow chevron pattern
    • trait_Hidden_FriendshipBracelet_5 - White and various shades of gray chevron pattern

So, your sims' trait to remove is trait_Hidden_FriendshipBracelet_4.
  • If you can't get this worked out, at least it's rather fittingly the rainbow one. Pride bracelet!
  • "permanentrose;c-18275851" wrote:
    @HavenRose thanks! I tried to find it in the buff list using mccc to see if I could remove it that way but couldn’t find it. If they don’t come off soon I’ll try removing the trait, thanks!

Maybe a small kitchen fire or a lightning strike might help get rid of it?
    elliebreton
    Seasoned Veteran
    Thanks for the warning, I didn't know they stayed stuck forever. That's ridiculous.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,034 PostsLatest Activity: 33 minutes ago