Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Gallery BARELY WORKS

Cannot recall when it first began and obviously at this point things can clearly be brushed off as too much content for its servers to handle but has anyone noticed nowadays how the gallery rarely, if ever, works properly? Or at all?

If it was a computer issue I'd understand, however even the gallery on the sims 4 site doesn't work most attempts and I just have to bring it up in hope someone from the Sims 4 team sees it and tries to repair things.
  • "SERVERFRA;c-18277849" wrote:
    I so miss my followers. It’s way too quiet in the Gallery now.??

This! Yes! And news! I miss news. Now I often forget that the gallery is there at all.

And yes, to those of you who find the "show owned" feature lacking. It is! From what I understand it's not intended to work differently either, which is worse. It is actually by design!
  • "Godleyjeans;c-18283952" wrote:
    Update: As of the Gallery work a couple weeks ago....ITS WORKING! Completely. I'm getting all the new content and news and tags and followers and the full Maxis gallery account page.

Progress. This simmer is impressed

Really? For me the gallery works just fine, but I still have no news section, tags or followers.
  • My gallery will often not allow me to view only the creators that I'm following. It will say I'm not following anyone. I also struggle with getting search results. This became an issue for me when I went from origin to EA app
    SEREFRAS
    Rising Hotshot
    The only times I've had problems with the Gallery is when they do an upgrade or fixing it. :'( Otherwise the Gallery works for me. ;)
  • "LiELF;c-18254798" wrote:
    Yeah, it hangs for me when I do searches for lots and often tries to tell me nothing is available under my keywords or hashtags when I know for a fact there is. Then I'll search again and it will cough up some selections.

I do agree that it's probably just really weighed down now with so much content and so many users. I actually started downloading my favorites to my library because it can be a hassle to try to sift through them nowadays.

same for me. and also the pack selection thing mentioned happens for my as well.
    GrumpyGlowfish
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "LiELF;c-18254798" wrote:
    Yeah, it hangs for me when I do searches for lots and often tries to tell me nothing is available under my keywords or hashtags when I know for a fact there is. Then I'll search again and it will cough up some selections.

I do agree that it's probably just really weighed down now with so much content and so many users. I actually started downloading my favorites to my library because it can be a hassle to try to sift through them nowadays.

This perfectly describes my experience as well, and I'm having similar problems with the Build Mode search. Even when I type in the exact name of an item, more often than not, I end up on a catalogue page somewhere near the item and still have to look for it, usually by scrolling up a bit. It seems like everything is a little overloaded these days.
  • Update: As of the Gallery work a couple weeks ago....ITS WORKING! Completely. I'm getting all the new content and news and tags and followers and the full Maxis gallery account page.

Progress. This simmer is impressed