Forum Discussion

GalacticGal
Seasoned Ace
5 years ago

Gardening Mishaps!

I have read about how gardening has gone all wacky with the latest patch. Then I experienced it for myself. I deliberated whether I should have my Sim harvest certain plants and trees that were ready, but ended up choosing Water All, instead. Upon her watering the entire garden, plant and tree, one after the other retreated into the soil upon being watered. :open_mouth: Yes, they became mounds of the newly planted. I determined I wasn't going to make that mistake again. I was going to allow my Sim to harvest certain fruits and vegetables and then Water All. I have waited all of this time, too, just for the trees to become fully mature and bear fruit. And the plants to do the same. However, even though I had loaded up her queue, selling some items, and harvesting others, she was still busy playing the Don't Wake the Llama with three of her siblings. What else do Sim kids do on a Saturday afternoon, right? I canceled out the game, but before she could come downstairs and get to the green house, who shows up, watering can at the ready? GAAhhhh. Her mother. Dang her into the eternal pixalated fire! She got to the cherry tree. :'( I wanted my Sim to be able to plant that after she got married, too. Can I twist her mother's arm off? May I please bulldoze the watering can? Or, better still I should lock the door to the green house only allowing my Sim entrance. Then she can play a full game of "Don't Wake the Llama" with her sister and two brothers in peace.

If you haven't guessed, I'm so angry right now I could chew nails — and I don't mean the ones on my fingers, but rather the ones you drive into a wall.

EA, please, please, PLEASE fix this bug.Thank you.
  • I am also experiencing this issue. Has anyone made a bug report which I can “me too” the issue on yet?
  • Still happening, I reported this issue somewhere on the bug report "me too" but I think it was moved somewhere else and I can't find it anymore.
    So I have been waiting for it to be fixed, as of yesterday this was not sorted.
    Also I think it is related to sims with a high gardening skill.
    I tried a new sim with no skills planting and so far all is well. I am investigating this further.
    Any light or help with this would be sooo welcome! This is really annoying me!
    One of the very few things I like about this version of the Sims is gardening and the challenges it presents, it keeps me interested in what is for me otherwise a boring game.

• So I have a grown cow-plant in Sims 4, every time I don't feed him for a while he turns back into a seedling, but still has the choices to treat him like a mature plant. Then after a while he grows into the second stage of a growing cow-plant, but he doesn't grow back into a mature plant. Any one know why?
  • @GalacticGal I have no EL and don't plan on getting it either. This bug seem to affect gardener sims with a high skill. I tried another sim with no skill in gardening and she planted about 8 plants with no problem, (Plants seem to disappear on the ground after planting, leaving the sim trying to plant over and over again until you cancel the action.)
    I will continue to check her progress, she planted some more plants and her gardening skill has increased to around level 3, no problems with planting so far and I will see what happens when she harvest.
    I reported this issue on the EA site for bugs as some other simmers did too, but it was moved by Crinrict and I can not find it. (I am pretty useless navigating forums..he he)
    I have been hopping like a mad frog from place to place trying to see if EA has even acknowledged that this issue exists, so far nothing from them and a silly answer by a "plum" simmer who blamed my computer!!!!
    For the record: I have a gaming laptop bought this past November that runs both The sims 3 and 4 with no problem whatsoever. It was bought with the specific instructions that it should have absolutely all that was needed for a machine to run both those games and the sims 5 when it comes out (this last however is now being replaced by Paralives when it comes out)
    I am off to my garden with a pillow over my face to scream real loud!!!! I am SOOOOO VERY ANGRY about this!
  • @Camkat Thank you so much! I did click on the link and it's not the one I posted in but Crinrict mentions another one and that might be the one were I posted. Crinrict is merging the posts, I will search for it as I want to report that I think skill might have something to do with this bug. Though not quite sure yet. But thanks for your help!
    SilentK008
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I got it as well. Will start a new save without the mods for science so I can participate.

Thanks for linking the threads!
  • I finally deleted all my played Sims gardens, (sigh). I'm still steamed on the Seasons update so that none of the plants in common areas ever mature now, Grr.
  • "sunblond;c-17573563" wrote:
    I finally deleted all my played Sims gardens, (sigh). I'm still steamed on the Seasons update so that none of the plants in common areas ever mature now, Grr.

Yeah, what's up with that? That used to be my 'go to' place to find certain fruits/vegetables. My Sims don't always start off rich enough to purchase seeds. :open_mouth:
  • "suzanna13;c-17573711" wrote:
    I have this happening in my game also. I had the sage shrinking everytime I harvested, not too bad because it was back the next day, but my sim just watered a couple plants and they disappeared. Now I know it is a bug. No EL, no mods. Since seasons I never know if I have a bug or if it is intended. I am so upset with patches that break my game. I think the breaking started with Aliens.

I have to say I haven't had this problem until very recently.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,028 PostsLatest Activity: 5 minutes ago