Forum Discussion

moppy14w
Seasoned Newcomer
2 years ago

German or other European Holidays to Celebrate in Windenburg?

Just wondering about real life or ones you've already made in your games. Dates or at least seasons where applicable please.
    alanmichael1
    Seasoned Hotshot
    Instead of the harvest holiday, I celebrate the Day of German Reunification (Oct 3).
  • I didn't set it up as a holiday because then it would come up in every world, but I have a restaurant in Windenburg aimed at celebrating Oktoberfest. It serves a lot of sausage and steak type food and when I take sims there they order the drink that looks like beer. There is also a karaoke machine for anyone that feels bold enough to sing. And in Newcrest I set up a community space lot as a Winterfest market lot.
    Daravi
    New Traveler
    I play mostly with one week seasons, so there is not enough days for all holidays. Instead of the love day I rather play Easter with egg hunting, baking (for the sweet treats) and going to a celebration (what ever is the english name is but I do it for all Christians holiday anyway).

Pentecostal is on the first day of summer. One week day is just for the school summer holiday, there they have to travel somewhere else, playing games, going to swim or play with water and grill meat.

In autumn: The german reunification is just a feast and sometimes dancing (it depence on the age of the household), sometimes it's just a free day with nothing to do. Tbh, most people just do what ever they want on that day, there isn't any common private tradition yet (pov from berlin). I let the harvest festival stay, but without the gnomes.

Winter: first of advent: decorating, baking, not an offical task, but the children/teenagers have to create something and practice singing and an instrument. I really would like to to the task enkindle the candles, but unfortunately the four candles decos doesn't count for that task, which is still a real disappointment for me.
    Holy evening: opening gifts, sing, the offical celebration, admiration and the holiday spirit (non official: have family guests). Christmas day: feast, playing games or watching movies or (non offical) read a book, admiration.
  • Growing up on the countryside in north germany, we actually did have a harvest fest called "Erntedankfest" (losely translates to "being thankful for the harvest....fest"), also in autumn, would have to look up the exact date, I believe it was in october.

It was usually a community gettogether at the local bar/inn with dancing, eating, drinking and entertainment such as us kids/teens would perform sketches.

I dont have it in game tho, but maybe I have my sims in henford celebrate it at the "nightclub" which is an old barn turned nightclub....cause its more of a fest for farmers.
  • Idk what they celebrate in Germany so in case there should be germany specific holidays idk

but I feel like Windenburg was literally built to celebrate midsummer with the parties popping up and bonfires everywhere off lot and on lot

and I do really love Autumn/Winter in Windenburg too so some sort of autumnfest and winterfest kind of holidays maybe

also as I celebrate easter finland style the bonfire makes fine addition to easter as well
    moppy14w
    Seasoned Newcomer
    What traditions do your Sims celebrate? Fireworks for Reunification? Grand Meal? Party Spirit?

I imagine Oktoberfest could be grilled food and the drinks one? Others??