Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Hair Colour Changing Bug... Again...

I remember this being a problem years ago but now it's back. Hair is arbitrarily changing colours. It's probably one of the only bugs that made me want to quit playing 4 (genetics are THE most important thing about the game to me) so I'm dismayed that it's back. At first it was just CC hair. Now it's all hair, including Maxis hair and Maxis colours.

I give my Sim a specific hair colour or I go into CAS with a Sim to switch up their clothes and the hair changes to a random colour every time I make any changes in CAS whatsoever. Even if I make sure they have the correct colour before exiting CAS, their hair is a random colour again in-game. I try to switch swatches in CAS and the colours that show up are not the colours I'm selecting. I'll pick brown and the Sim will have bright blue hair.

It's. Driving. Me. Crazy.

The game is unplayable for me right now because of this. Is anyone else struggling with this as well? My game is fully up to date and so are all my mods and CC. I'm meticulous about keeping my Mods folder organised and check almost daily for updates to everything I have installed.
  • Hello
    Try testing by moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues

If the issues remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try also resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it also occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.