Forum Discussion

catloverplayer
Seasoned Veteran
21 days ago

Has anyone got the ask to work on romantic boundaries to work?

All my dating sims always say no even when I cheat and max out their needs. I don't think I'm the only one either. 

• Oh are you talking about "Ask to work on relationship dynamic" ??

I just read about a mod that someone created to fix the issue that "ask to work on relationship dynamic" is broken and always fails.

I don't have the pack so can't test. (Romantic boundaries came in the basegame update. Relationship dynamic is part of the Lovestruck pack)

• I only see "Ask to reconsider". 

catloverplayerunder what conditions do you get "ask to work on" ?

Is there a difference in the result of the interactions?
    (or can you not tell since one hasn't been successful for you yet?)

• Brainblasted (thefreshsims) has a bug fix for this problem. ( At least I think this is the same one.) Apparently it always fails. This is what it says on the site:

The interaction to ask to work on a romance dynamic is unfortunately broken. The interaction is supposed to work unless the target is in a bad mood, or if the social context of the conversation is bad (e.g. an Abhorrent or Boring discussion). In the checks for the social context, the game mistakenly checks for the basic conversation relationship bit (relbit_SocialContext_Awkwardness_Casual). This is present for every conversation, meaning the interaction would always fail. This is also the only interaction in the entire game that checks for this specific bit, so it’s likely a mistake.

catloverplayer
      Seasoned Veteran

Their different interactions. With ask your not telling them to consider romantic boundaries. There are different options that come up when they when they work on romantic boundaries.

• Ask to work on romantic boundaries is a different interaction then reconsider romantic boundaries.

• It's worked for me every time so far. High green and pink bar before asking,  and target sim is exploring

• Asking to reconsider romantic boundaries has worked for me. I play on PC, no mods, with Lovestruck installed. Sometimes it doesn't work on the first try, there's a cooldown period before you can ask again. But it does work. 

• Ask to Reconsider Romantic Boundaries has succeeded in changing the other Sim's boundaries every time I've used it. One of my Sims is a Serial Lover, with more lovers than I care to count, so I've used it quite a few times. 

You can only change one boundary at a time. You have to use the interaction three times per Sim to change all of that Sim's boundaries. Also, you can only change the boundaries if the target Sim is Exploring romantic boundaries. 

(PC, without Lovestruck)