Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Help! Cursor Not Responding To Select Button (PS4)

I was playing tonight and after a couple of hours of play, I played a household, put the cursor on a bench-top to have a Sim clean it, pressed the Select button and nothing happened. Tried to click on a Sim, nothing happened. Went to play another household, placed the cursor on a Sim and it wouldn't respond when pressing the Select button. Press the touchpad on the controller and you can use the Select button on the corner menus but use the cursor, nothing.

How can I play if the cursor doesn't identify with the "X" button being pressed???
  • Just bought the game and now this problem. I had to go back to a previous save to get it to work. If it continues I'll try uninstall/reinstall. Otherwise I'm seeking ways to get my money back.
  • Got the game as a birthday gift on Sunday (today is Tuesday), I played for a couple hours and my ‘X’ button became unresponsive. It seemed to have started right after I started creating my second sim. My select button would only work creating a sim if I didn’t use the cursor, just the toggle menu, which made it a bit difficult. When I got back to the living mode tho, I couldn’t select anything to have my sim do any actions.

Anyone else here has had this issue? If so, were you able to fix it or go around it somehow? I could really use the help, I’ve been impatiently waiting to finally play the sims 4 and a ‘X’ button coming on my way to finally enjoy my play time, seems kind of cruel.
  • pifflover

Thank you for replying! I have get to work, vampires, dine out, perfect patio stuff, cool kitchen stuff and the holiday celebration pack... I think the only ones that you and I don’t have in common is the vampire and the holiday celebration packs, so you might be onto something. I hope the upcoming patch is able to help with this issue, in the meantime I’ve figured out a temporary solution, saving every so often so that when the select button doesn’t work again, I can just restart the game and it works again for a couple of hours until you have to close and reopen again.

So... if anyone has this issue, just do that for the time being. Save every so often and if the “X” button stops working, close and reopen the game.

PS: sorry if my quote doesn’t work, I’ve never done any BBCoding before. (^_^;)
  • Anyone else still having this issue? I have had it a few times in build mode where the x stops working. Seems to be once again after using bb. Moveobjects
  • Idk who to go to about the issue I am having so hoping anyone sees this and can help I just created an account just to get some help. I play sims4 on xbox1 and after using the camera to take pics all of a sudden my cursor dissapeared. I tried everything. Looked up others who had the problems tried what they did absolutely nothing is working. Restarted my game everything. Need help bad pleaaaase ty!
  • I think there is a bug with all consoles controller, I had problems with mines, I am now playing with a keyboard and mouse, the game is working perfectly now
  • Ok. When you take a photo and after that the cursor is gone, try to switch to first person view. And wait 3 to 5 seconde and switch back to 3e person view. Cursor should be back. Hope this helps.